Email Goes to Hotmail Junkmail

thom67

Guppy
Hi,
Each time I send email to a Hotmail customer (using outlook, through my jodohost account) it ends up in the Hotmail Junkmail folder. I don't send out alot of emails and I have no email lists so I'm not sure why this is.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

I have the same problem, but not just with Hotmail. Several of my clients say that my email goes into their Spam Catcher. What is SPF?

After what seemed like a forever of searching on that ridiculous site, I filled out some form. It didn?t give me a confirmation, just a link to an equally ridiculous image of how I should change my Windows DNS settings.
Stephen, have you done this before? Can this be done through tech support as I?d imagine the vague form I filled out on the site you gave us won?t exactly cut it.

With what appears to be others having the same problem through your host were you already aware that this happens?

Ok, there is a form there, it will hep you make SPF records, I'd recommend if you have trouble with it to send a ticket requesting SPF be made for your domain.

This is a DNS record that hotmail checks, it is a way to prevent spam by verifying the domain and server the mail came from match.

Check your hotmail settings, mine are on "enhanced" and they go to my inbox just fine.

Hi Stephen,
I've opened a ticket up on this issue so it is now being worked on. Are you working on the ticket and have you tested my email by sending one to your hotmail?
The problem isn't with my hotmail settings. I can't get my email into anyone's inbox. Getting it into my hotmail box isn't the problem it's getting it into my customers, even on a reply to their email it's still lands in the junk folder. I've tested this on more than one person.

Thanks

Back