email issues

Hi folks.

I am still getting some double mails sometimes (copies of previous mails, with a different timestamp), but more importantly, there is mail that i am SENDING that i know for sure is not arriving at the recipients. this for me is crucial.

also - who knows if people are sending emails to me and i am not receiving it?

i'm not pointing fingers here at JH, but can you guys pls look into this again? i know there were issues last month with emails. (also, i just got notification about Yash's raplies in this thread - http://support.jodohost.com/showthread.php?t=2346&goto=newpost - which were made a month ago....

one of the biggest things for me, is to lose confidence in an emails system.

thanks.

snooper

Can you open a ticket regarding email you believe is not being sent. I just sent several emails to various hotmail, yahoo and gmail accounts, all received fine.

As far as double mail goes, could you give me more info on it. I've not experienced the same issue myself (and I receive a hundred or so messages every day). What is the source of the emails, are there any trends or patterns?

Hi Yash

thanks for the speedy reply.

I had already posted a ticket about email not going thru a couple of weeks agao, and support replied exactly as you did: "we sent to yahoo, hotmail... and everything is received".

unfortunately, 2 recent cases of mail not getting thru are with domains that i cannot test with.

one is: ****@mail.biu.ac.il
and the other: ***@013.net.il

and again - these 2 did definitely not receive 1 or more emails, but NOT always. the ones that were not delivered were not mass emails, one recipient, and one CC for both.

----------------------------------------​

now, regarding the double mail, i have not found any patterns, but some Yahoo emails come twice (where other moderators on the same group receive it normally). sometimes, its other stuff, and as i said - today i received notifications about "new" posts you made on a thread - but they were made a month ago.

----------------------------------------​

this might shed some more light - both these issues, are relevent to the same domain. (pls delete this over after you read it: ) tapnack.com .

do you still want me to submit a ticket with this info?

thanks!

Back