emails being bounced

Mycroft

Perch
Hi,

I've been having problems with this for 2-3 days. Whenever I send mail to my domain, the email bounces. with the following error:

Action: failed
Diagnostic-Code: X-Postfix; host mail.jodoshared.com[66.36.230.189] said: 553
sorry, that domain isn't in my list of allowed rcpthosts (#5.7.1) (in reply
to RCPT TO command)

I have opened a ticket about this (actually two 4083 & 4195), but I keep having the problem. It seems they do something that causes it to work for a few hours and the problem re-occurs. This is my primary email, and I have no idea how many emails are being bounced. Could you find out the status of this problem for me? I'm getting a bit frustrated.

Thanks,
-Jim

Well they fixed the problem and, it happened again. What is being done to fix this? Are the support people fixing this the same way each time? Can we please get to the root of the problem?

I hate to address this on the boards but I have submitted the same ticket five or six times and each time I have been told that it has been fixed only to have the same problem happen a few hours later. Are they reading the whole history of the ticket?

-Jim

Mine seems to be working correctly.

I know what you mean by the support. The support is really responsive, but sometimes just way to vague. A lot of times I get the reply, "this is fixed now." Well, what is fixed? What was the problem? Is there anything we can do to avoid the problem in the future? Is this a bug that may be fixed in a future version?

Anyways, sorry you're still having a problem. Hopefully you'll get another, "this is fixed now" soon.

Ok, what has been happening is that their is an issue with the configuration of qmail on our mail server. It has to do with TCP hosts and I think they finally fixed it but making that file null

(I know nothing about linux :()
If it happens again, let me know

Well, It's not fixed. I just sent myself another email and it got returned wiht the following message.

Reporting-MTA: dns; mail3-ash-R.XXXXX.com
Arrival-Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2004 14:33:22 +0000 (UCT)

Final-Recipient: rfc822; [email protected]
Action: failed
Diagnostic-Code: X-Postfix; host mail.jodoshared.com[66.36.230.189] said: 553
sorry, that domain isn't in my list of allowed rcpthosts (#5.7.1) (in reply
to RCPT TO command)

Is this going to be fixed? I'm almost out of patience.

Just in case there is a misunderstanding I am speaking of incoming mail, not outgoing mail.

This thread seems more appropriate:

http://www.forum.psoft.net/showthread.php?threadid=4305&highlight=rcpthosts

I've also had trouble sending mail the web interface, but that is not as important. It is important to me to be able to accurately tell people that my email address is now working. As someone in another thread said, it is embarrassing to tell people things are now OK, only to have them tell you that yet another mail has bounced.

So, if it's an ongoing problem please say that. I don't like being told it is fixed when the root cause has not been found yet.

Thanks,

-Jim

Are you facing this issue with outlook or just with webmail?
My understanding is it is restricted to webmail

And yes, we WILL get this fixed. We have worked and fixed problems tougher than this so you really do not need to worry about that

I'm having this problem independent of email client.

When the problem is occurring, Whenever anyone sends me an email, it gets returned to them with the above error. This happens whether I check my email or not.

Like I said, I'm also having the webmail problem, but that is a minor problem for me. I'm more concerned with receiving all my emails.

PSOFT is working on this problem and has regenerated our qmail configuration files

I sent two test emails to your account, let me know if you received them

Yes, I got both. But, it has been working since about. 10:20 EST as far as I can tell. Like I said, the problem comes and goes. I will email you if I get one bounced.

Thanks for your help with this.

Yash,

Well it has been about 24 hours and I have not had any bounced emails, so I think you indeed have it fixed.

I want to thank you for getting involved with this problem and getting it resolved.

Having this board, and having you participate adds real value to your service.

Thanks again,

-Jim

We're not taking any chances. We're moving the email server to another box in order to avoid problems in the future.

Back