Firefox 1.5/2.0 and Live Chat

Stephen

US Operations
Staff member
This is a general announcement to all customers, if you are using Firefox 1.5+ and come to livechat, sometimes you will stop getting replies from us even when we type them. In addition to this while the livechat is open you may notice that typing in other textboxes makes the text almost exactly backwards of what you are typing, moving the cursor after each letter in front of the previous letter instead of behind.

We have numerous tickets in with LivePerson technical support and developers about this issue, and they have not found a resolution so far.

With the growing popularity of firefox 2.0 we are seeing this trend worsen with our clients not seeing what when we reply. If you are on firefox 2.0 and having troubles with livechat, we'd like to ask you to try using Internet Explorer, Opera or another browser that does not have the fault.

I know that firefox is a good browser, I personally use it for my browsing all the time. We just want to make you aware of this problem, and if you have any issue in using the livechat getting disconnected, come back and we will gladly paste our replies from the previous chat for you to see and follow from there.

Back