First time I loose a client @ JodoHost

JodoHost support let me down for the first time since 5 years (may be more), [RS #DET-61720-929], the site was not loading at all, they answered me twice and with each response I notify my client that the question is solved. While it was not at all.

Yes, it is my fault that I didn't check that the problem was solved, but that's what I used with Jodo Support, when they say it's done, then it's done. I never gave attention to the response "Kindly check it is working fine" that I got from them twice.

I have an awful experience @ Cluster2, this was one of the few and important accounts I didn't return back to cluster1, and I am now sorry for this.

Live Support, was useless, 2 hours on waiting.

After getting your ticket, we checked the site at our end and found that it was loading fine. So we replied the same back to you. As you can understand it was not possible for us to check the website at your clients ends.

We regret the inconvenience caused to you. But We can only check the site on the server or on our local machine not at your clients ends.

We have also updated you with the screen shot of the site that was running at our end and also ask you for the tracert and ping result from your clients end so that we can investigate this issue further.

I also was asked by staff to check this. I am visiting a family member and staying in a hotel near to them, but I checked the site both from the hotel wifi and from my mobile broadband card and it loaded on both of them.

I am sorry that you lost the client on this, but it was not down anywhere we checked including on alertra service check from around the world.

I see that the issue as you say was client side? I doubt this
I think it was something server side, because the site was down for about 12 hours for all visitors all around the world.
yes, it is now running fine, but this was not the case when I submitted the ticket trice.

The screen shot was supplied in the third ticket after the issue has been fixed and I was able to see the site too my side.

I have an awful experience @ Cluster2, this was one of the few and important accounts I didn't return back to cluster1, and I am now sorry for this.

Sorry to hear about this - and I don't want to hijack the thread, but are there any ongoing problems with Cluster 2? I've actually moved a couple of more important clients there because speeds seem better from here (Australia) when using Cluster 2 servers.

Though I must say Win5 on Cluster 2 hadn't been performing well for a while for some reason. Didn't investigate, just deleted and re-created those accounts which then ended up on Win6 which is performing very well.

I guess these are just the problems we get with shared environments. I'm sure one day load-balancing will be commonplace and this won't happen as much. I'm an advocate of semi-dedicated servers - where a small group of resellers get together and share the cost of a ripper dedicated server and all agree on ensuring good behaviour of all their sites. Kind of a "commune server". :hippie:

I guess these are just the problems we get with shared environments. I'm sure one day load-balancing will be commonplace and this won't happen as much. I'm an advocate of semi-dedicated servers - where a small group of resellers get together and share the cost of a ripper dedicated server and all agree on ensuring good behaviour of all their sites. Kind of a "commune server". :hippie:
just saw this post, but something like that could be arranged....

How would that be different from the current semi-dedicated options jodohost already offers? I've got a couple of big accounts that I've been thinking of moving off the reseller plan to a semi package, but would antic's model be something in between at a lower price point?

we are offering a pretty good package for multiple SD accounts Gurmeet just announced.

However I must mention, we don't have loads of SD servers sitting around, and if you need more than 2-3 accounts at any time it needs to be preplanned so we can have the servers in place :)

Back