Forum Censoring

Ron

Perch
I have to say, I'm surprised that JodoHost does not censor their forum in anyway... or even close down the customer support section to the public. The recent downtime issue you had must have cost you some customers and keeping it open could dissaude potential customers from signing up.

Also, don't you think its time you moderated religious and political debates.. lol

Ron said:
The recent downtime issue you had must have cost you some customers and keeping it open could dissaude potential customers from signing up.

Those customers would have found out about the downtime by hosting assured or any other downtime monitor. It's better for the potential customers to get the information from the source. Plus, the potential customers could see how JodoHost treats it's customers in cases like this. I would be pretty mad if I signed up and then found out about this, and I would think JodoHost was hiding things.

About the religion and politics, I suppose they should cut back a bit, but in my opinion, there really hasn't been any "hot" debates, and people have tried to express their opinion and be polite.

We do not believe in censoring or restricting any information to existing or potential customers. We admit that there was downtime and it was a serious lapse in service. The best we could do was appologize for it and investigate what went wrong (which we are doing now). This was a well planned datacenter shift and it is very sad that things didn't go out as planned.

We have not really lost any customers because of this, I'd say probably one or two at the most. We've had signups during the datacenter shift and even right after we recovered this recent downtime issue.

Right now we feel there is no harm in allowing members to engage in light-weight political or religious discussions. But if any member feels that a thread/post hurts him or her, they can simply click the "Report Post" link and we'd delete it keeping that person anonymous.

Yash said:
We have not really lost any customers because of this, I'd say probably one or two at the most. We've had signups during the datacenter shift and even right after we recovered this recent downtime issue.

lol.. I'm not surprised

i've been a customer since April and really the type of growth I have noticed here is amazing. Just compare the forums from April and now. Just 10 minutes ago 15 people were online (mostly guests). GearHost really lost control when they experienced similar growth... their uptime and customer support deteriorated. Not here at least. Uptime has been far better that most windows hosts I've been with and support has been excellent.

Re: Re: Forum Censoring

Moderation can and also should come from us customers. Discussing religion or politics is fine as long as we don't get into any personal attacks which I haven't see here and happy to see but then I don't have the time to read all the posts in here.

There should be moderation if and only when things get out of hand but not censorship.

I think we have a good bunch of people here so far and if in the future we get some new people that cause trouble...we as a group can make sure they understand that we won't tolerate it.

I grew up learning the values of tolerence and respect. Doesn't mean I always agree but common my respect for other people allows them to have their views and me to have mine so long as we respect each other.

I think we should allow people to speak their minds as long there is respect.

Back