Forum testing help please

Padwah

Perch
Hey guys,

I'm putting the finishing touches to my ASP based forums software at the moment and, whilst I've tested them quite a lot there's probably a few things that I've missed! I know the world's not quite screaming out for another ASP based forum but it's handy for me.

Anyway, I'm planning on releasing the code but I'd like to make sure that I haven't missed any obvious bugs so if any of you guys could take a look around it it would be appreciated.

The forums support MSSQL, MySQL and Access without any extra downloads and conform to XHTML 1.0 with only minor errors on some pages. You can check them out here: http://www.hostforest.co.uk/forums

Cheers

Man, your forum is fast. You must have manually optimized the code and data access. Thats great.

When I click the "Disagree" button on the registration page it lets me go on to register anyway. :p

Hey,

Attempting to login w/ fake username and password gives me the following error

Microsoft VBScript runtime error '800a000d'

Type mismatch

/forums/board_login.asp, line 106

pakoda said:
Hey,

Attempting to login w/ fake username and password gives me the following error

Microsoft VBScript runtime error '800a000d'

Type mismatch

/forums/board_login.asp, line 106

I got the same thing. The forum is fast, nice job

Me again! Made quite a few changes of the last couple of days and would again appreciate your input. Email authorisation is on so if people don't want to register then you can log in with the following details:

Username: Widget
Password: password

Cheers chaps :D

Wow - v fast! Very nice looking forum, but....still waiting for my activation email....Is this automatic?

It is automatic, though I'm guessing you've received it now as I see you've recently logged in :)

Just completed the new theme system and three themes, well I say themes they all look exactly the same but in green, red and blue! Also added the hide categories function which ha caused me some head aches by deleting cookies by accident!

Just going to do some final testing then package it up and release it :D

Sorry, at the moment the theme is controlled by the administrator and is sytem wide rather than by the user. Though I may add the option of users choosing their theme, probably wait a bit for that though :)

nope. that's a different forum that Padwah is using on that site. He had one he was developing (ASP based) and it was the fastest loading forum i had ever seen...

Back