Frank Questions

I am interested in purchasing a plan, but after reading through your message board postings, I'm wary.

Your website says the datacenter is using superb.net in Virginia, yet a posting here says you're now in Philladelphia? The website says you use H-Sphere, yet a posting here says you're looking to move from it, possibly to Helm? An IP address is guarenteed on the website, but I read that you're restricting that? You mention that the server load is maxed - will there be room for me and my 3 websites?

Is anything on JodoHost's website about the company and its services the truth? What else is different than advertised at this time?

Thanks.

I think that the truth is that jodohost has rapidly developed and doesn't want to sacrifice its excellent customer support. Just follow the discussion at this forum and you will notice that they will try their best to find a solution to whatever needs.

I recently transferred two major sites after a testing period with a number of suppliers. This is the best recommendation I can give.

Hi

You need to look at the dates of the posts more carefully

1) Our new Windows 2003 servers are in Virginia. Who said we are in Philladelphia?? Our old Windows 2000 servers are in Pennsylvania. No signups are taking place on the Win2000 servers anymore

2) We were thinking to shift to Helm about a month ago. But those plans were scraped. Please read the full thread. We use HSphere currently and have no plans to switch to another system anytime soon

3) You get a free dedicated IP as long as you can justify its usage. We have no control over this policy. ARIN lays down the rules for IP assignments. All hosting companies have to follow by their policies. If we can't justify your IP to ARIN, we won't be assigned new IPs

4) Our servers are NEVER maxed. We shut down the Windows 2000 servers about 6 weeks ago because they had reached capacity and we felt that adding more domains would affect performance. 2 weeks later, we introduce new servers based on Windows 2003. They are open for signups and we have plenty of space to accomodate your website and a thousand more

5) What isn't the truth? If there was something untrue, I'm sure it would have already been exposed on this forum and others considering the number of junior server detectives we have :)

Yes, I am impressed with the fact that JodoHost appears to be keeping their customers updated and never left in the dark.

My last hosting company switched *everything* about my hosting on me 3 months into the deal with no support. New control panel, new policies, new services (or lack thereof). I no longer had what I paid for, my sites were down for weeks and I lost a lot of money.

I am very interested in the good things I've heard, and the services offered. I just want to make sure that I'll be getting what I signed up for.

I apologize for coming off as acusatory. I'm just a badly burned hosting customer. Thanks for your quick and honesty reply. My business is coming in a few. :)

bread_man said:
I apologize for coming off as acusatory. I'm just a badly burned hosting customer. Thanks for your quick and honesty reply. My business is coming in a few. :)

I've been with Jodo since May, 2003. I too came from a bad experience with another host and was skeptical. But I must say that Jodo has been excellent.

Reading through this forum, you will find that many changes have taken place in a relatively short period of time. But I'm convinced that all of these changes were made in order to mantain the level of service jodo's customers were accustomed to.

There have been a couple of changes to the packages, but these changes were done in a manner that was more than fair, and, frankly, in most cases we customers ended up with better services (more features, etc.).

To summarize my experiences here since May, 2003, I feel that jodo has done an excellent job, and I have a feeling that they will continue to do so. This is especially true for their support (thank you Yash and company). If you consider that Jodo does not require a yearly contract to take advantage of the great features and pricing they offer, there is almost no risk involved. I recommend them highly.

riley

riley said:
To summarize my experiences here since May, 2003, I feel that jodo has done an excellent job, and I have a feeling that they will continue to do so. This is especially true for their support (thank you Yash and company). If you consider that Jodo does not require a yearly contract to take advantage of the great features and pricing they offer, there is almost no risk involved. I recommend them highly.

I'll second riley's comments and add my own. I've dealt with a number of different web hosting companies, from the massive to the minute, and so far the experiences I have had during my relatively short time at JodoHost has been more than excellent.

When things have not worked, they have admitted that there are problems and done everything in their power to correct them. When people have posted negative comments about them in thier own message forum they have not only left the thread intact on the board but also commented on things and explained their actions.

As a client on a shared hosting service, it reassures me to see that some clients are told, quite frankly, that their sites are abusing the resources and that they will need to clean up their code (or content) or find a different host. Sometimes you have to loose one or two customers to keep the rest happy.

On a closing note, I'm in the process of moving two of my development clients to JodoHost and am looking into getting into the reselling aspect of things by the second quarter of this year, using JodoHost's reseller services. If that isn't testamant enough, I don't know what is.

Thanks for your comments guys. I am totally for a company expanding and improving its services and equipment to better itself and its ability to serve its clients. Just as long as its done with minimal impact to the client and their businesses. In the case of my last host, they were totally unprofessional and unprepared in a migration of Windows hosting accounts resulting in my misfortune.

I have really not heard anything but great things about JodoHost. And as I have just purchased my package, I am ready to join the praise. Thanks again.

bread_man said:
I have really not heard anything but great things about JodoHost. And as I have just purchased my package, I am ready to join the praise. Thanks again.

Welcome. You will be happy hear at JodoHost. If you check the dates on those messages you read you'll understand what was going on a little better.

• Servers are now located in VA just outside of DC. They were in Atlanta, then moved to PA, then to VA.
  • When they setup the new servers they were considering going to Helm. They decided to stick with HSphere.
  • You just need to justify the need for a static/dedicated IP address.
  • Most everything here is the truth. :) As I mention below I have found Yash and gang to be open and honest about everything. There was a time when I was confused about what was going on too (HSphere, when will the new cluster be ready, etc) but it all worked itself out.

Here are just some of the things I like about JodoHost:
  • I appreciate the honesty of Yash and Atul here on the forums. They don't try to cover up anything. They answer all questions and criticism in a professional and polite manner. When they have a problem they admit it and they fix it. I don't like getting the run-around by companies that try to cover up their mistakes or problems. JodoHost does not do this. They are truthful and honest.
  • I also appreciate how hard they work to monitor our server's performance. JodoHost has been the best performing service I have ever experienced. There has been some controversy when they shut down users who they felt were abusing the servers, but the truth is that they are looking out for all users when they do this. I certainly appreciate that.
  • You get a great service here for a great price.

Back