Ftp error on trial account

losbern

Guppy
run FTP commands :
Connected to win4.jodohost.com.
220 WIN4 Microsoft FTP Service (Version 5.0).
User (win4.jodohost.com:(none)): losbern
331 Password required for losbern.
Password:
230 User losbern logged in.
ftp> ls
500 Invalid PORT Command.
150 Opening ASCII mode data connection for file list.

I then tried the same using the cuteftp dos prompt ftp and it logged in fine as well but when I type dir..it hangs.
Help me please!
500 error also

OK. Go into your Program options. Make sure the follow settings are set as specified:

Send Feat Command: OFF
Mode: Active Mode Port
Port IP Mode: Auto
Force Server IP for PASV MODE: ON

If this doesn't work, please tell me a little about your Intenet connection setup. Are you behind a proxy server? Do you have a firewall? etc.

Just some info....

It will also not work if you are behind a NAT router(otherwise known as an Internet sharing device). Still trying to find a solution for this one.

If you are behind a Nat router...the only 2 programs I could find that will work are BulletFTP and FlashFXP because they allow you to set the ip address assigned to you from your ISP.

I just found error if i want to use my ftp account. Can u explain me? The error is "Can't connect to remote server. Socket error = #10061.". What is it?? Can everybody help me???

Hmm, wait till Yash answer you, but this error usually says that the port number you are trying to connect to doesn't exist (e.g. no program listens on it). Strange of course, since FTP does working on JodoHost :)

Another problem may be because of your firewall, check its documentation/site for such socket error (if you have one of course)

Hi

I already answered your ticket. Your FTP log shows you are using PASV mode.

Go into your Program options. Make sure the follow settings are set as specified:

Send Feat Command: OFF
Mode: Active Mode Port
Port IP Mode: Auto
Force Server IP for PASV MODE: ON

Back