FTP Setup

KMW

Guppy
I am able to connect using FTP but not show a directory listing. I can transfer files but the only thing that transfers is the file name - no content.
The user has read/write/list permissions. Using Filezilla client. Log is shown below. Any help would be much appreciated.

Status: Connection established, waiting for welcome message...
Response: 220 Microsoft FTP Service
Command: USER ****
Response: 331 Password required for ****.
Command: PASS *******
Response: 230 User ****logged in.
Command: PWD
Response: 257 "/****" is current directory.
Command: TYPE I
Response: 200 Type set to I.
Command: PASV
Response: 227 Entering Passive Mode (*********).
Command: LIST
Response: 425 Can't open data connection.
Error: Failed to retrieve directory listing

I had added pretty much this same script earlier (found it elsewhere) but copied yours into the firewall.bat and ran it.

Now getting the following - same whether I use passive or active

Status: Connection established, waiting for welcome message...
Error: Connection timed out
Error: Could not connect to server

Also - the Filezilla client works perfectly on my shared account

I'd recommend sending a ticket we will check it for you, if we have to make changes there may be a $3 management ticket needed but we should be able to check it without that initially.

I'd recommend sending a ticket we will check it for you, if we have to make changes there may be a $3 management ticket needed but we should be able to check it without that initially.

Stephen,

I, of course have had the same problem. Fillzilla works on the shared servers but not on my VPS. ( an older versionof Fillzilla does )

The port thing seems to work sometimes but not always. I have at times had to turn of the firewall to upload which is not safe since I've forgotten to turn it back on more then once.

If you figure out what's going on with KMWs account and Fillzilla I'd like the fix done on mine even if it costs me a little.

Andy

The fix was the script mentioned here, we just reran it all again. I haven't heard that there was any error since then.

Back