FTP with a Mac

I have a client who publishes a local magazine, and they use a Mac for graphic design. A lot of their clients (ad agencies, etc.) also use Macs, and they want to be able to upload large files to the server via FTP.

I had tech support set up an FTP sub account for them, but now they tell me they can't access it using the "ftp.domainname.com" link I sent them. The graphics person at the magazine claims she can ftp into other sites via her Safari browser, but not into this account on Jodohost.

I suggested they use an FTP program, but she claims her clients are too technically inept to install and use another program. (Gee, and I thought Macs made things easier for the non-technical people!) Everything I find searching the web tells me Safari is not built to handle FTP and that it hands off those duties to something called "Finder", but then Finder only allows downloads. For uploads a separate FTP program is required.

As someone who is unfamiliar with Mac OS X and does not intend to become familiar with it, I was wondering if any one out there who uses a Mac may have a solution?

Back