GD or ImageMagick for PHP?

hatton

Perch
I am trying to put a photo album online but am running into an interesting issue that I'm hoping can be resolved easilly.

I downloaded the Coppermine Photo Gallery application which needs either GD or ImageMagick support to create thumbnails. On my PHP install on my devel environment the GD was apparently either default or something I accidentally turned on.

When I tried to upload my first image I get the following error:

PHP running on your server does not support the GD image library, check with your webhost if ImageMagick is installed.

Is there any way to check this?

Thanks!

Hatton,

Did you get a private reply to this?

I was getting ready to try Coppermine and if it is not supported.....

tks,

Doug

hatton said:
I am trying to put a photo album online but am running into an interesting issue that I'm hoping can be resolved easilly.

I downloaded the Coppermine Photo Gallery application which needs either GD or ImageMagick support to create thumbnails. On my PHP install on my devel environment the GD was apparently either default or something I accidentally turned on.

PHP running on your server does not support the GD image library, check with your webhost if ImageMagick is installed.

Thanks!

bakercountyfl said:
Hatton,

Did you get a private reply to this?

I was getting ready to try Coppermine and if it is not supported.....

tks,

Doug

Not as of yet, though I posted the question a matter of hours before the new server availability announcemnt was made so it might have gotten lost in the fray.

I did run a phpinfo() on my server (Win2) and it does not show that GD is supported, though that's a matter of having a line added into the PHP.INI file.

I also haven't been too persistant on the issue. You might submit a trouble ticket and see what response you get.

Regards!

Thanks for catching it. I was planning on sending in a ticket when I got around to working on the family photo album again but just haven't had a chance to.

If it helps, I didn't do anything special with my PHP 4.3.3 install on my development machine except turn on (uncomment) some of the include calls in the PHP.INI.

Thanks again for the great service, Yash!

OK, what's happening is whenever we are uncommenting the gd2 include line, PHP stops executing (very strange). We're working on this.

We put PHP back to its default configuration and its working for now

Yash said:
OK, what's happening is whenever we are uncommenting the gd2 include line, PHP stops executing (very strange). We're working on this.

We put PHP back to its default configuration and its working for now
I saw that PHP is working now. Now CF pages are blowing up on me. I shoulda just stayed in bed!

Thanks for all your help on this issue! I've been updating here as well as on the trouble ticket log.

OK, I just had a chat with our administrator. He said that you were using CFRegistry which was disabled by him 2 or 3 days ago. CFRegistry and CFExecute are high security risks in a shared environment

Thanks!

i have Same problems some one help me thanx?(

Back