Going to help in Katrina relief efforts....

Stephen

US Operations
Staff member
Hello Everyone!

I am going to be making a trip to Mississippi Saturday morning with a large load of food to help with a mobile disaster relief kitchen that is having some problems getting foods from the usual sources.
I will be renting a large SUV or cargo van and heading out with all the canned meats and soups/stews/chilli I can afford and have donated here in the Miami area.

I am going to be undertaking the costs of the rental/gas myself, but the gallon cans of chicken and chilli are rather expensive, I am asking that if you can, give a little bit to help, it would be appreciated.

I am going to be providing pictures and maybe movies of the trip, and have a personal family contact that is a trained professional leading the disaster relief kitchen. I would not be doing this on my own, without such a contact, but hearing the stories of people in the US going 3 or more days with no food was just too much, I decided I had to do all I could to help! If you feel so compelled to help, send me a PM and I will give an address for paypal. I am not in any way phishing for funds, I will do this on my own if there is no one to help, and do it most gladly!

I have been a bit disappointed with some of the larger groups efforts to get to the rural towns that are getting totally ignored, action needs to be taken, and I am working to take that action.

The trip is some 850 miles one way, and I am not yet sure what all to expect, except that many families are now homeless, and in much need.

I forgot to mention, I will be gone Saturday through Tuesday for this, some people have asked.

Stephen said:
I forgot to mention, I will be gone Saturday through Tuesday for this, some people have asked.

Since I don't know everyone yet... who are the other windows admins at Jodo? Basically... who's got your back while you are gone.

We have other admins, I don't work 24/7 you know :)

We have 10 other admins that are experienced with our servers.

That being said, I am taking my laptop and my phone, and phone service is available, we also have on-site coverage by 4 people in the Miami datacenter office if any need arrises for hands on work.

Stephen said:
We have other admins, I don't work 24/7 you know :)

We have 10 other admins that are experienced with our servers.

That being said, I am taking my laptop and my phone, and phone service is available, we also have on-site coverage by 4 people in the Miami datacenter office if any need arrises for hands on work.

My fault... I thought they locked you in a room down there and sent in bread and water... :D

Have a safe trip... you'll be in my prayers.

Greg

I have been delayed a little bit, but I am going to be leaving here in about 2 hours.

Hi Stephen,

I just wanted to say a public thank you for what you are doing. Not only have you helped so many people here on the forums and with support..but what you are doing now is very commendable. I am sure the folks along the Gulf Coast will be better off for the assistance you will be lending.

My hat is off to you! :yo:

Hello everyone,

I am back, it was a long weekend, I am going to be back to work tomorrow morning, looking forward, will post some pics here tomorrow or the day after.

As your probably know Stephen, I am very keen to know of your experiences, as probably most customers here. I know you are pretty busy right now but don't forget to post those pics as well

Well done Stephen - maybe you should be promoted to "SuperAdmin" !! It must have been a real mess over there.

I am working on a flash photo album, but I would like to thank Yash and Atul here, it is awesome to have such supportive bosses. Thanks :car:

I have an album up, butlet me giveoyu prior warning it is HUUUUUUUUGGGGEEE(41MB), it is in flash captioned with what the photos are/where they are taken.

http://www.errorbob.com/katrinaalbum.htm

It will take some time to load, I will attempt to get a zip file or other formatthatislessthan 20MB up soon.

I will do so when I get a moment, I just wanted to try using captivate for making an album, dind't turn out too well :)

Back