Having Plesk MS SQL problems.

I have set up MS SQL using Plesk. I have an sql file to load into the db. How would I do this? I cannot find a way to upload this sql file to setup the tables and initial data for the database. The installation instructions say to use "query analyzer and execute". This may not apply to Plesk and the database tools they utilize. Would it be best to setup the Microsoft MS Sql and use it?

Also, should I need to remove Plesk to utilize more RAM - would that delete my dbs set up using Plesk . I ask because I do not see them set-up under Windows, but only under Plesk.
Would uninstalling Plesk also affect my POP3, nameservers, etc.?

Then finally, how to I set up access to the Plesk db after the tables, etc. are set-up?

Thanks.

I have set up MS SQL using Plesk. I have an sql file to load into the db. How would I do this? I cannot find a way to upload this sql file to setup the tables and initial data for the database. The installation instructions say to use "query analyzer and execute". This may not apply to Plesk and the database tools they utilize. Would it be best to setup the Microsoft MS Sql and use it?

Plesk Power Pack installs the MSDE version of MSSQL, this version has no client tools package installed. If yu have the client tools on your local PC, you can remotely connect to the SQL database, you can use a tool like Enterprise Manager, or Aqua Data Studio.

Also, should I need to remove Plesk to utilize more RAM - would that delete my dbs set up using Plesk . I ask because I do not see them set-up under Windows, but only under Plesk.
Would uninstalling Plesk also affect my POP3, nameservers, etc.?

Removing plesk would delete the email accounts and nameservices, as they all are installed by plesk.

Then finally, how to I set up access to the Plesk db after the tables, etc. are set-up?

Enterprise manage or Aqua Data Studio would do it, also you can utilize the shared SQL services and connect to our shared MSSQL using the same tools, this won't use your VPS disk quota(or ram).

Back