Having this same doubt (subdomains) ...

Hey !!
I?m having actually the same doubt of DeepakG, anyone know any aobut it ?!

"First of all I love using sub-domains...and like the fact that jodohost provided unlimited subdomains. Now my question is that, I would like to create a folder under my website (mydomain.com/blah) and than would like the alias (or subdomain?) blah.domain.com virtually point to this directory.

So basicall,
http://mydomain.com/blah is an actual folder, which contains some files. When the user enters http://blah.mydomain.com, it should transparently map it to the blah folder. I don't want them being forwarded, or use frames...I am basically requesting a functionality that as far as I know IIS supports.

Does anyone have the solution to my little problem??"

Thanks a lot !!

Unfortunately, that is not possible with HSphere 2.3. You can however use a redirect (click on Redirect from CP Home) or actually deploy your files in that sub domain folder

Sorry Yash but ...
The redirect URL only permit redirects from internal paths like www.mydomain.com/fromHere. It?s possible activate this redirect from an alias like fromHere.mydomain.com ??
Here it?s the redirect panel:
redirect.gif

But then he would be using one of his limited subdomains. If he's thinking along the same lines as me, he'd like to find a way of running unlimited subdomains by pointing them all to subdirectories. Effectively that would be just using the one domain but having unlimited aliases in the form of subdomains. Each subdomain doesn't need it's own root directory as subdomains do when you create them in the control panel.

I'd like to see a feature where you could have "anything.mydomain.com" automatically being redirected to the main "mydomain.com" website. Then we could write a script that analysed the entered URL to get the "virtual" subdomain and forward to a sub-folder accordingly.

It would be a feature that would provide a great benefit. Not sure if it can be done though.

Back