Help Desk Down???

zardiw

Perch
I've opened an issue 12 hours ago.

1. It never showed up on my ticket page.
2. I DID get EMails about it.
3. The Issue is STILL not on my ticket page
4. The Issue is STILL NOT RESOLVED..........

What is going on???????????

z

What is going on with JODOHOST????????

Ticket: AFV-31507-879 ............been close to 24 hours now..........Now this is NOT a difficult issue........it's a simple Table Load and the My Sql server is not working.............z

Apparently it was cause of an EMail change........but regardless, my issue with a simple table load has still not been resolved..........

Apparently it was cause of an EMail change........but regardless, my issue with a simple table load has still not been resolved..........
I don't have a ticket ID, but table load? We generally don't load tables :D

but without details I don't know a lot more.

Edit: See ticket ID now in merged, no need to open multiple threads.

It's a MySql table populating script that is not finishing......been running many years now with no problem........no changes....z

Something is limiting the processing to let this script finish........I only run it once a day.......z

And there is no responses to the support ticket......nothing that indicates that anybody is even working on this........been at Jodohost for more years than I remember, and this is pretty unusual........wtf is going on?.............z

And there is no responses to the support ticket......nothing that indicates that anybody is even working on this........been at Jodohost for more years than I remember, and this is pretty unusual........wtf is going on?.............z
Hello,

Abhishek updated you on that ticket that it will be checked as soon as possible by senior admin. you aren't seeing?

They've actually extensively tested it and can't find the issue at all.
Actually just informed their are multiple tickets, Abhishek has replied one of them about this with that update.

This one was updated: Script/MySql Database Load isn't finishing

Day 4

Of an issue: AFV-31507-879

Why is this taking so long??? This isn't some new stuff .......this is a script that has been running for YEARS..........

And now it doesn't.........NO CHANGES .........in fact th last time it was changed was 2009!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WTF is going on??????????

z

Re: Day 4

We are not sitting idle on it, it is taking a while but WE ARE NOT SITTING IDLE. It is just not an immediate fix that is working to resolve.

Re: Day 4

We are not sitting idle on it, it is taking a while but WE ARE NOT SITTING IDLE. It is just not an immediate fix that is working to resolve.

Stephen..........It's a simple problem........In that the script is not getting enough time to finish populating the table...........it stops at a different record every time.........and quits at 74 seconds or so every time.

This variable is being overriden:
php_value max_execution_time 120

I've actually set it up to 520 with no difference........

z

The problem isn't always as simple as it seems, we worked another issue behind the scenes as it was a customer issue, but not you, so we don't really discuss that publicly.

Well, they cut me back to 74 seconds again, and the script won't finish in that time.

Been a customer of Jodohost for 6 years, and have been running this script all this time to populate my table........ONCE a day at night.

But this script has been running fine and a lot faster than it does now I believe.

SO, they are overloading my Sql server with other customers, and now it doesn't get the time it needs, OR they have limited the time recently.

There's only 15K rows in this table.

Beyond me why Jodohost is treating me this way.........Have they gotten too big to provide adequate support for their loyal customers?....z

PS. The only 'issue' with regard to this is allowing enough time for the script to finish...........that's not exactly rocket science.........And it boggles the mind that we are now on Day 6 of this issue...........z

PS. The only 'issue' with regard to this is allowing enough time for the script to finish...........that's not exactly rocket science.........And it boggles the mind that we are now on Day 6 of this issue...........z
1. that query is huge to go that long.

2. There was abuse from one user that we gave notice to and time to move, we understand you run it one time, but that is a VERY LONG query, running that from a web browsing session will be prone to die for many reasons including normal apache refreshes, have you considered running it in sql query tool to get it run for now?

We'll be moving to new ways of processing php in the new environment that will possibly make this even WORSE as it will kill processes that run that long, because in general processes running that long are up to no good. (mail bounce scripts has been a big issue lately, also DDOS flood scripts, all in php or perl)

there is a VERY legit reason for not allowing an unlimited runtime on scripts, and it isn't to punish you in any way.

You are taking this all a bit personal, when it is not, in fact it helps you in the long term by making cleaner servers where crap won't be able to run and take up computing time. We are seeing infected PCs uploading perl and php scripts even on windows in a big way these days, that then are used by botnets to spam the net with stupid 'twitter' notices that are really hidden links. We spend a significant amount of time cleaning these up daily. We're about to start having to lock out people on FTP that they won't scan their pc for malware, as its coming FROM their PCs when they upload, or passwords stolen as long ago as the gumblar worms from adobe apps that stole passes.

SO, they are overloading my Sql server with other customers, and now it doesn't get the time it needs, OR they have limited the time recently.

There's only 15K rows in this table.

FYI
1. There had been 0 change done by us when you reported the problem.
2. Overloading? The server has been closed for signups for really long time.

With all due respect, kindly stop making assumptions, and topping them with more.
All that is done now is to disable a user making excessive usage, and another one notified. And then I made some MySQL configuration changes for innodb users, and those who forget the need of proper indexes. I'll rollback them once this server is migrated.

Back