Help with sites

idano

Guppy
I could use the help of anyone out there.

3 Days ago I switched 3 WordPress sites (PHP/MySQL) over to Jodo. From my end 1 loads fine, one is real slow, and one will not load at all. They all worked fine the first day.

Can someone please visit these sites to tell me if they are loading slow -

idano.net

dan.idano.net
theabundantlife.net

I have checked them from work and home and got the same thing - slow.

Note - Jodo Support has been looking into this all day for me and they have been great. Unfortunately they look fine from their end possibly because they are in the same location.

Thank you for your help.

They are loading in 5-7 seconds for me with DNS lookup, which is slightly slow but not too bad.

There is no way the staff on ticket or livechat could be looking at them in the same place. Most of them are in India, and I am in Texas, all over 1300 miles from the servers. :D

The staff in Florida does not participate in the daily tickets and support operations in a visible manner.

I am having Yogesh check it, because it was a bit slower than it should be, but not dramatically slow.

Wow, the spreadsheet article loaded slow.

My opinspamohosheet waxes google's floor in the online spreadsheet market.
I was not doing anything complex in it, but it was just working better than google's when I used it.

Google was a number of times very very slow, and I had trouble FINDING some of the formulas initally in google(just had to search some), where zoho looked more common.
Coming up with the wrong sheet, that is not good, I did not have that. Zoho is backed by AdventNet that makes some nice products like ManageEngine.

Yeah, actually I got the wrong sheet a few times. Google seems faster though.

Texas huh, where abouts? I am in Round Rock

I am just north west of you a bit :) Can be there in a couple hours. But I don't go to Austin much, mostly to DFW.

Not sure where that would be.

Anyway, my issue seems to have been semi resolved. When i setup my domains I used NS1, 2, 3, and 4 for DNS and this was causing an issue because I guess you are only supposed to use 3 and 4. I have changed this with Godaddy.

How this was affecting me was that I had Google Analytics and a shortstats plugin that both where making requests out to different domains. I guess because of the DNS issue that they where not able to find their way back to my site so it was causing my pages to load slow or not at all.

So, I will wait a couple of days for the rest of the world's DNS servers to get up-to-date and then see what happens. I am sure it will be fine from this point on though.

I have to say that the support is excellent though. I did not get near this amount of support from the other company that I was with and that is why I am here now. It was a error on my part but they made sure that it got fixed.

Way to go Jodo!

My heart never left :D

Miami was not for me. I won't say much more but I had enough with 3 hurricanes!

Edit: No, northwest, near Abilene.

You caught my reply before I edited it.

If he would have said that he was with them I would have been surprised as the support is like night and day.

Lots of action in this thread.

I replied a bit back, up near Abilene.

The DNS, that would explain the long lookup, and then the parts loading and parts hanging in random places.

WebD, I am heading to Vegas in about two weeks for HostingCon, will you be in Texas or there?

Stephen,

I am not going to be able to make it to Host Con this year. I found out to late. I have been trying to find a way, its just not going to happen. X(

I got meetings that week and I also teach some students here that just joined me, so I can't skip out on them.

Next year I will try to meet you up there, if they have it.

Back