Horde?

yorri

Perch
I just used a link to forums.jodohost.com and it came to a page of links including a link for email.

When I clicked on it..it went to new email..I logged in and it looked cool.

Now the link is redirecting to the forums like it did before. Are we going to be getting this new webmail interface. I would LOVE that so much better than SQMail.

when I open http://forums.jodohost.com, it redirects me to this forum, not any mail software...

Regarding Horde Mail, as I said before, we have no problem in switching to it. But it is going to create so many problems on a live server, it should have been done when we setup HSphere and Windows in the first place. However, when a new version of HSphere is released or when we upgrade to Windows 20003, we will definately consider installing better webmail as well as statistics software

Yash.....That is why I said "Now..it redirects to the.."

It was a page of links...one that was a link to horde. It allowed me to log in and get my mail but now it is redirecting properly again..

I got all excited for nothing :(

I don't think there is anything to check out...I was just asking. Don't worry about it unless it will cause a problem for you and in case this happens to other customers.

The incorrect redirect only occured for about 5 minutes because now I am being redirected properly to support.jodohost.com.

Just to inform you, we'd be having HordeMail by late August or early September when we make some major changes to our servers.

I think I should learn how to keep my mouth shut :)

These would be private label reseller plans that allow you to create your own windows/linux packages with all the features we offer, have your own branded control panel (cp.yourdomain.com), have your own private name servers, etc. Basically you'd be your own hosting company at fraction the price and little expertise.

We'd have to iron out issues like SPAM, etc. before we actually launch these

Yash said:
reseller packages most notably. We are considering many things. You'd have to be patient :)

I say this is all great BUT.....ONLY if existing things don't get broken. I've been burned in the past by webhosts that upgrade or introduce new software.

I hope all these changes are thoroughly tested so that existing systems that are working perfectly now continue to work as they do. I realize it is impossible to make sure every bug is caught but I hope new software just doesn't get introduces without any testing whatsoever. I think that is irresponsible and done too often.

Reliability has become much more important to me than features (I still like features but not at the expense of down time or unrealiable servers/bugs etc)

Take this forum...it is much better than the old forum software for features but it has bugs. It loses data sometimes (overwriting posts). Sure...It isn't an essential piece of software to our hosting packages but if something is introduced that effects our hosting I am sure we will be less likely to just overlook the bug like we do in here.

Just my 2 cents.

yorri said:
I say this is all great BUT.....ONLY if existing things don't get broken. I've been burned in the past by webhosts that upgrade or introduce new software.

I hope all these changes are thoroughly tested so that existing systems that are working perfectly now continue to work as they do. I realize it is impossible to make sure every bug is caught but I hope new software just doesn't get introduces without any testing whatsoever. I think that is irresponsible and done too often.

Reliability has become much more important to me than features (I still like features but not at the expense of down time or unrealiable servers/bugs etc)

Take this forum...it is much better than the old forum software for features but it has bugs. It loses data sometimes (overwriting posts). Sure...It isn't an essential piece of software to our hosting packages but if something is introduced that effects our hosting I am sure we will be less likely to just overlook the bug like we do in here.

Just my 2 cents.

Nothing is gonna get broken here. We plan to introduce better services as we grow. We hesitated in adding HordeMail because of problems it may cause. We ironed out those problems on a test server and decided to go ahead with it when we do other server changes. We do test everything before we install them.

Well, vBulletin 3.0.0 is suppose to be the next generation in forum software (not my words, vBulletin's). Its just that this is in the BETA stage. We should have used vBulletin 2.3.0 but I guess its to late to downgrade now. We NEVER use BETA or ALPHA software for our servers though. Only stable versions.

Don't get me wrong Yash...I like more/better features :) like better webmail and multiple ftp accounts ;) and I like this new forum. Please keep getting better stuff as you grow :)

I have been so impressed with Jodohost and I don't foresee problems but I think sometimes webhosts feel the pressure to implement new features too quickly.

Just wanted you to know my opinion...and it is just mine..that reliability is more important to me and that is why I am with Jodohost right now. Because I haven't had one major problem (yet...hopefully never :)

Note:I said the forum is not essential so I don't mind the bugs...I am happy with the new features of this forum. I just was referring to essential servers using the forum issue as an example.

Glad to hear you only use stable and non beta/alpha software but I still think that software needs to be tested even if it is a stable release...everyones servers/setups are different so a stable version may work for one company but not another..as you said...you are testing Horde...that makes me feel more comfortable..I am glad you believe in testing.

If you ever need beta testers...count me in...I know how difficult it is to do proper testing having been in that situation many times.

We may be new but we have some very experienced adminstrators behind the servers. And we firmly do believe in testing.

Yash said:
Just to inform you, we'd be having HordeMail by late August or early September when we make some major changes to our servers.

Ok so is it late August or early September yet? :)

Yash said:
I think I should learn how to keep my mouth shut :)

These would be private label reseller plans that allow you to create your own windows/linux packages with all the features we offer, have your own branded control panel (cp.yourdomain.com), have your own private name servers, etc. Basically you'd be your own hosting company at fraction the price and little expertise.

We'd have to iron out issues like SPAM, etc. before we actually launch these

That is neat :)

Back