Hotmail/windows live blocking emails

cdog

Perch
Hotmail has been blocking any mail sent from cl2 mail servers for a couple of days now , Lodged a ticket when it first happened and was hoping for any update on how long it coukd take for hotmail to remove the block as it's starting to affect quite a few of my customers.

It is not from cl2 mail servers, it is from mail1/2

Hotmail doesn't reply promptly to these matters, but we have some suspects for the cause, and it isn't spammers but someone could have marked it as spam.

I've still got some customers having problems with this, is there any update on it. My initial ticket was lodged last Tuesday(Australian Time)
Thanks

I would also like to add that I've never received any spam, suspect messages, virus infected emails from windows live or hotmail email accounts. Hijacked or otherwise o_O

I would also like to add that I've never received any spam, suspect messages, virus infected emails from windows live or hotmail email accounts. Hijacked or otherwise o_O
That is because they block it:D

Even legit mail, they block.

This was all caused by an automated system like a ticket desk, for reporting suspect emails (was hosted here) and in replies from that, it was blocking. It was a client site and can't really get into details on it, due to that, but they are moved to a VPS now and their mail was disabled last week itself.

We have the agreement with hotmail/live in place now and getting report of any reported by users 'spam' and will be watching it close.

I was being extremely sarcas
That is because they block it:D

Even legit mail, they block.

This was all caused by an automated system like a ticket desk, for reporting suspect emails (was hosted here) and in replies from that, it was blocking. It was a client site and can't really get into details on it, due to that, but they are moved to a VPS now and their mail was disabled last week itself.

We have the agreement with hotmail/live in place now and getting report of any reported by users 'spam' and will be watching it close.

Thanks Stephen
good to know about the agreement with them. I was being extremely sarcastic in regard to not receiving any crap emails from hotmail/live accounts, I get loads of em.

:) I really don't get more than 5 a month which is about 2 more than gmail, and about the same as my JH accounts using our anti spam.

Gmail tends to get them all in the same day even hour, as some new trick is learned I guess, they flood the inbox till blocked.
hotmail, is rarely used and just gets newsletters i sign up for at ecomm sites :D But i dont consider them spam since I REQUESTED them. Which is a key point.

Hotmail used to have dozens a day, so they've clearly improved.

Hi, I am running into this now, also. Emails sent to a hotmail address from DWMail just go nowhere, and no notification they are bounced. My Outlook account can send just fine. When I use SquirrelMail, they bounce back with the following:

[email protected]

SMTP error from remote mail server after MAIL FROM:<[email protected]> SIZE=2868:

host mx1.hotmail.com [65.55.37.104]: 550 SC-001 (COL0-MC3-F44) Unfortunately, messages from 173.0.136.147 weren't sent. Please contact your Internet service provider since part of their network is on our block list. You can also refer your provider to
http://mail.live.com/mail/troubleshooting.aspx#errors.

Is that enough to work with? It'd be nice to be able to use the webmail apps to send mail to a hotmail address.

Thanks!

We are aware of this issue and fixed the abuse source from our end.Now we are waiting to remove block from hotmail side.

Thanks for the update, Abhishek. How long does that take, typically?
Varies from very fast 2-6 hours up to days depending on how much they are doing at the time, I guess....I am not sure their reason exactly.

De-list request has been sent to these two RBLs.IP should be de-listed in next database update.

host mx2.hotmail.com [65.55.37.72]: 550 SC-001 (COL0-MC1-F47) Unfortunately, messages from 173.0.136.147 weren't sent. Please contact your Internet service provider since part of their network is on our block list.

Hotmail was still blocking, as of a few days ago. Now, I am getting blocked at a Comcast address. Can we get a broad fix for this? It's just about making email unusable...

SMTP error from remote mail server after initial connection:
host mx2.comcast.net [76.96.40.147]: 554 imta17.emeryville.ca.mail.comcast.net
comcast 173.0.136.147 Comcast block for spam. Please see
http://postmaster.comcast.net/smtp-error-codes.php#BL000000

Hotmail was still blocking, as of a few days ago. Now, I am getting blocked at a Comcast address. Can we get a broad fix for this? It's just about making email unusable...

SMTP error from remote mail server after initial connection:
host mx2.comcast.net [76.96.40.147]: 554 imta17.emeryville.ca.mail.comcast.net
comcast 173.0.136.147 Comcast block for spam. Please see
http://postmaster.comcast.net/smtp-error-codes.php#BL000000

Can you please check and confirm if you still see problem in email delivery to hotmail.com and Comcast accounts?

Back