How do I set include_path in php.ini

I am having trouble using php.ini. I have an include statement in one of my php files that fails to locate the include file. I am trying to use php.ini to set the include path using the "include_path" directive in the section titled:
;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
; Paths and Directories ;
;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

Is there a way to specify the root web directory for a Windows server (the top level dir as seen by visitors to the site)? Is this the right way to do this?

Thanks very much.

I have tried this but the mapping never happens.

This statement is in my php.ini.
include_path = "\library"
But, the include files aren't found.

Is it possible that php.ini is not activated?

I also noticed the .: notation in the example. How is this used? There was no mention of this in the links you sent.

Thanks!

php.ini is on windows only, you have to use a .htaccess on linux or do it with code as tanmaya suggested. Could that be it?

(I use php.ini frequently on my windows based sites, so I know it does work.)

Tim

The original problem was that the site was set up on a windows machine, but the code was set to use .htaccess. I requested a php.ini, as suggested by other posts on the jodo forums, and a php.ini was provided. I have been trying to use it, but it seems to be DOA. No matter how I set the include path, the resulting include path seems to point to: include_path='.;c:\php4\pear'

I have been able to use the ini_set function in a single file. But, I have only been successful in getting a relative path to work. I can't seem to be able to access the home directory.

• Works: ini_set("include_path", "../../../library");
  • Doesn't work: ini_set("include_path", "/library");
I also set up a linux version of the site and, in .htaccess, used the absolute path that was provided from the CP of the account. This worked! So, it would seem that I have the option to transfer the site to the linux machine. Probably, I will do that.
But, it still should be possible to use this code on a Windows machine. Is there someone out there who knows how to specify the home directory for a Windows account in the include_path directive? And also knows why php.ini would fail to work?

Back