How to contact support?

Discussion in 'Domain Registration' started by OldSchool, Mar 28, 2011.

1. OldSchool

OldSchool Guppy

I have an account at DomainsGoFast and do not see any way to open a support ticket in that system. The help information just talks about control panel and hosting customers. I tried live chat but nobody answered.
  2. Stephen

Stephen US Operations Staff Member

Live chat and sales AT jodohost.com will be the best options, sales handles more of the domain issues than we do in support side.
  3. OldSchool

OldSchool Guppy

Thanks. I am not getting much support so far. Live Chat didn't work because nobody answered. Emails take almost 24 hours for someone to respond and they responded asking for information that didn't make sense. They asked for payment info, but I have already paid with PayPal and my balance shows as zero.

So far this isn't a stellar experience trying to transfer a domain to JodoHost.
  4. Gurmeet

Gurmeet Guest

PM me your domain name
  5. Gurmeet

Gurmeet Guest

6. OldSchool

OldSchool Guppy

Tech support on that page has an India phone number. I was trying to open up a support ticket. The http://www.jodohost.com/help.asp page shows how to open support tickets and addresses to send emails, but only for "Hosting" customers. I am a domain customer.

I have used your hosting in the past, but do not have any hosting accounts with you now. Support was always pretty good via the tickets and the forum for my hosting services. Since then it looks like you have added this separate domain registration service, which has its own site (the Super Site) but that system does not have a ticketing system.
  7. Gurmeet

Gurmeet Guest

Payments for this domain has already been settled against the domain transfer invoice. you are right the domain is waiting for losing domain registrar approval. Please contact your old domain registrar to get authorization email / url to complete the transfer.

However, domain transfer is an automatic process.

Domain registration support only handled by billing@jodohost.com as an alternative you may email us at customersupport@jodohost.com for any issue related to hosting or domain, sales or billing for JodoHost products and services.
  8. Luke

Luke Guppy

I am also having problems with support. I have sent Stephen a PM on this forum, as he is the only person who has ever solved a problem for me in the past.
  9. OldSchool

OldSchool Guppy

This is confusing! First you say it's waiting on the old registrar to authorize the transfer and that I need to contact them for something.

Then you say that it's automatic and I don't need to do anything.

So... which is it?

I got them to unlock it and got the secret code before starting the transfer process with JH. I figure we're waiting for them to approve the transfer now, then it will happen.

I have to admit, although I have been a customer of JH for hosting in the past, and I have even followed the forums and the company over the years and the support was always very good, it seems that JH really fell short when it comes to supporting their domain registration customers. I'm thankful that Gurmeet and Stephen have done all they can to answer my questions, but I'm not getting any support from the domain side of your business. It's just you hosting guys trying to help out.

I am second guessing my choice to move and of my domains to JodoHost now.
  10. OldSchool

OldSchool Guppy

Yeah, this domain business at JH is a mess. Absolutely no support at all.
  11. Stephen

Only the billing dept has access to domain support, I am sorry that we do not.

I am forwarding it on them for you, but they only work in the India office hours.
  12. OldSchool

OldSchool Guppy

Thanks Stephen. It's unfortunate that the domain side of the business does not monitor these forums; and you, Gurmeet and the others on the hosting side of the business have to help. I figured that the "Domain Registration" forum section was for... well... domain registration customers. :rolleyes:

JH has the support infrastructure in place, with the forums, etc., so I don't know why they are not offering reliable support for the domain customers.

I'm registered with Google/Enom and wanted to move my domain elsewhere. I'm short on time before my domain expires. Otherwise I'd cancel my transfer request at JH and try to transfer it somewhere else... but there isn't much time for that. I'm just afraid that JH is going to mess this up and I'll end up losing my domain.
  13. Stephen

you know that transfers are prohibited within 30 days before or after expire period? (This is not us that does it, it is a standard rule) actually looking at ICANN, it seems it is 60 days, not 30...

If you are expecting a code and not getting it, that may be why.

edit:
    ok read in more detail, 60 days is only from initial registration time.

Godaddy says this: A 60-day transfer restriction period applies when a registration is new, recently transferred, updated by changing the registrant's contact organization, or the registrant first or last name has been changed when an organization is not listed.

basically 60 days from any major change locks it from being transferred during that period.

Also,
    I am making a bit of an issue about the domain support process and working to fix it.
  14. OldSchool

OldSchool Guppy

I got the code from the losing registrar. I gave the code to JH. Waiting for what happens next and trying to get clarification of where we are in the process. Thats all I have been asking for and I am getting mixed messages from JH.

It seems the hosting side of JH has great support. You always have. I know you have been with the company a long time. I remember when JH started with a data center up in Jersey, then did the big move to FL, now I see you're in TX. So I've been around JH for a long time and I have seen that you and the others on the hosting side have always given great support. Thats why I was confused when I realized that the domain side of the business has such poor support options. I decided to transfer my domain to JH because of your reputation (which I have seen first hand), so I'm disappointed that the hosting side of the business just isn't performing to the same level that you guys in hosting have provided for years.
  15. Stephen

I will pick this matter up and carry the water on it to ensure it is improved.
  16. Atul

Atul Administrator Staff Member

OldSchool,

In Domain CP, status is ''Description Transfer of ........com from old Registrar along with 1 year Renewal Status Transfer waiting for Losing Registrar Approval.

This action should automatically get completed.If however this lock continues to remain for more than 10 days, please contact Technical Support"

During the transfer, customer visits gaining domain registrar, starts the transfer process, enter the transfer code from customer domain CP at losing registrar and pays to JodoHost. At this point gaining registrar sends an email to customer’s email ID that shows in customer’s domain WHOIS. Customer approves the transfer following steps given in the email. At this point domain starts showing in Customer CP of gaining registrar, which then can be managed.

Transfer process is pretty much straightforward and fully automated in majority of domain registrars. Same is the case with our domain registrar. JodoHost support is mostly in terms of billing issues when amount fails to automatically credit. Rest of domain related documentation is available at DomainsGoFast.

If transfer does not take place, amount is automatically credited back to your CP, which can be used later.

You can cancel the current action. If you have not received confirmation email, we will contact domain registrar on your behalf.

Luke,

You had Domain Customer as well as Reseller Account. You had transferred money into your Domain Customer Account. Your Domain Reseller account had the domains and no money. Billing department debited your customer account and credited to your reseller account.
  17. OldSchool

OldSchool Guppy

Thank you for this information. However, the last paragraph makes no sense and cannot be talking about me. I have never had a "Domain Reseller" account.
  18. Stephen

no, it was addressed to the other user :)
  19. OldSchool

OldSchool Guppy

Well, it looks like everything went through and the domain transferred. I was able to setup everything in the Domains Go Fast control panel.

It's just that support is lacking on that side of the business. Otherwise everything worked as planned.

Thanks.