How to install application?

I have a VPS account.
I need to install a game on the server.
I created an image of my CD and uploaded to the server.
What is the best way to install it now?
I tried to use a Virtual CD application, but I couldn't install the application.
What is the best way to install a game on a VPS account?
Please advice.
Thank you,
Tommy

No virtual cd applications work on VPS here at jodohost, I already tried quite a few but none works. Gotta extract all files from the image (winiso, or iso busters), and install directly from the files themselves.

It's working ok. I could use more RAM.
It was very hard to figure out how to install the game without virtual drive support...

I don't recommend VPS for game server or any other service.
I've had a VPS account for three days now, and it crashed 10 times so far X( . Even with nothing running on the server, it keeps crashing and pings are very high.
I had a shared Windows account with Jodohost before and I was VERY satisfied with the service. That was the reason I decided to get VPS with Jodohost (even though I had a better offer from another host), but unfortunately it has not worked as advertised.
I even uninstalled Plesk as it was taking too much RAM, but that didn't make any difference.
I don't know what to do ?(

This must be isolated to your VPS, I have seen nothing like this on other VPSes that are installed.
What errors are you getting in logs?

I can actually see this server service running on the server, and it is using a steady 18-28% cpu at all times.

I would overall say that is quite high, and it would probably be best on a dedicated server.

On a server that was not four CPU's, I could see that at 60-80% at all times.

Has to be isolated. I currently run a game server off my VPS accout. Granted, it's console only with connection to SQL Server. And granted, its fo ran online card game, sorta like Triple Triad. But still .. pings are quite low.

I still don't understand why the pings are so high????? ?(

If I ping it right now, I would get an average of 100+ ms. Sometimes even with packet loss.
That seems very high even when I'm not running a game server and CPU usage is down. I was getting around 50 ms before, but it jumped up to 100+ ms recently.

Please tell me what I need to do.
Thank you.

We actually did nothing, but the route that is taken can be the biggest factor, we have multiple incoming conenctions and sometimes you can get on one that looses packets and we need a tracert to track them down :)

it takes 24 hours to process and up to 5 days depending on payment method to get the refund in your account.

combatzone said:
I still don't understand why the pings are so high????? ?(

If I ping it right now, I would get an average of 100+ ms. Sometimes even with packet loss.
That seems very high even when I'm not running a game server and CPU usage is down. I was getting around 50 ms before, but it jumped up to 100+ ms recently.

Please tell me what I need to do.
Thank you.

We are planning to setup a VPS account in our JH reseller CP. How do you rate VPS services of JH as compared to similat product from GoDaddy.com and startlogic.com. I know JH is unbeatable as far as service is concerned (I had a very bad experience with SiteGround.com reseller account X( ).

We plan to use the VPS account primarily to host client SugarCRm and to enable them to setup and manage 1-many replicating Client-Server MySQL databases.

Any sharing of experience, suggestions or advice is welcome.

With best wishes,

Sanjay Verma
www.sanver.com
Mumbai, India
+919892481284

I don't recommend VPS for game server or any other service.
I've had a VPS account for three days now, and it crashed 10 times so far X( . Even with nothing running on the server, it keeps crashing and pings are very high.
I had a shared Windows account with Jodohost before and I was VERY satisfied with the service. That was the reason I decided to get VPS with Jodohost (even though I had a better offer from another host), but unfortunately it has not worked as advertised.
I even uninstalled Plesk as it was taking too much RAM, but that didn't make any difference.
I don't know what to do ?(

I face difficulties in running a chat service that needs only 20 MB of ram ?(
I also have a reseller account with Jodohost, it is running smoothly since more than a year.

Back