How to set up IBuySpy on Jodohost?

odove

Guppy
I am having troubles setting up IBuySpy on jodohost:

1. I can not generate the full database using the storeDB script;

2. I can not connect to the mssql server.

I am pretty new on the sql server stuff, can anyone tell me how to make it work on jodohost? It works fine on my local computer.

Thanks.

odove

IBuySPy requires database owner permissions, you will need to submit a ticket with your database login, database name, and servername to get that access level.

Thank you for the response.

But I still don't know how to put the database on the jodohost server. I gave all the information I could give to them and their answers were very confusing.

I have been trying this for several days and it's still not working.

MSSQL is not that easy, it is not near as easy as using MySQL, first, you will need to run some of the scripts that come with IBuySpy (I have never installed it, so I don't know how hard this is, but I understand it is not the easiest thing for a person new to MS SQL to do) and running these scripts involves using MS Enterprise Manager, which is the interface software for MS SQL server, you need to have a copy of EM before you can do much of anything with MSSQL.

I believe the product below is about the cheapest you can get both EM and a local development version of SQL Server:
http://www.cdw.com/shop/products/default.aspx?EDC=233834

Stephen said:
MSSQL is not that easy, it is not near as easy as using MySQL, first, you will need to run some of the scripts that come with IBuySpy (I have never installed it, so I don't know how hard this is, but I understand it is not the easiest thing for a person new to MS SQL to do) and running these scripts involves using MS Enterprise Manager, which is the interface software for MS SQL server, you need to have a copy of EM before you can do much of anything with MSSQL.

I believe the product below is about the cheapest you can get both EM and a local development version of SQL Server:
http://www.cdw.com/shop/products/default.aspx?EDC=233834

Edit: oh it seems you might already have a local SQL server, in that case you can use DTS to transfer it over to JodoHost SQL servers.

Thank you Stephen... It's working now. I just had a hard time finding all the info I needed. I wish jodohost could have a more detailed instruction for all different types of tasks, with a easy to navigate interface. It took me quite a while to figure out how to set up the dsn since I couldn't find the ODBC link since I didn't use the leftmenu!

Back