http referer gone bad...

Yash,

The account is hosted under windows server. I have been up since 4:00a.m. this morning reading the "setting prices" and configiration documentation... I am doing pretty good and figured out A LOT on my own. yet there are a few more things I just cannot get and i believe only you and Tsupport can help me with...

1. The css issue, if you didnt already know... My client on win2 windows server www.winnersrecords.com has no css working. everything is setup right. winnersrecords.com/css/ is the css folder but is not being called! this is urgent!

2. The makhosting.com vs. www.makhosting.com issue...

3. Under setting prices for Default billing period and ACTUAL billing period. doesnt make any sence to me. what's the difference and why do I have to set prices for everything and step 3, set prices all over again! what's that all about? Is there any way you can summarize it in lamens terms for me?

4. Also, the summary Disk Usage setting is over my head. There is: Summary Traffic, Disk Space Quota, and Summary Disk Usage... Well, I know what traffic and disk space would be, but why is there a 3rd option for disk space??? called usage... usage and quota confuse me...

Can you maybe give me a suggested entry?

Here's what I want.

2 packages under windows and 2 under Linux. Win Gold and Win Platinum and Lin Gold and Lin Platinum....

I want all plans to have the same features, just more or less disk, traffic, database quotas, and mail quotas and etc.... the main things that take up space....

Feature WIN Gold WIN Platinum
Disk Space 150 MB 300 MB
Domains 6 12
Data Transfer 3 GB 6 GB
MS SQL / 2 3
My SQL / 2 3
PostgreeSQL DB 2 3

Access DSN 10 15
Pop a/c?s 10 Unlimited Unlimited
Price $14.95 $24.95

This is the structure I came up with, but what do i put for extra costs??? What is a Mb of disk space worth? and so on... I guess I could sit down and do a long and grueling calculation based on what I have to work with and yada yada but i guess I dont want to lol... and I want someone to tell me what they set their account prices to. an example to go by really...

Michael

Our administrator just gave a look at the server configuration and your site and there is nothing wrong there. How are you including this css? You might have to make some adjustments there

We're looking into the makhosting.com issue

Basically, your default billing period would be your monthly prices for your services. The actual billing period you are probably seeing is for a 1 month billing period. You can leave it blank. What HSphere allows you to do is define several "Actual" billing periods. Say 1 month, 6 month and 12 month. if you leave these actual billing period sheets blank, the values are calculated by basically multiplying the values in your default billing period by the duration of the term.

They basically come in use when you want to discount customers if they pay 6 months in advance or something.

Ah i see. well that wasnt as confusing as it should have been. why doesnt tyhe documentation just say that! grrr.... maybe i just have a short term memory problem and yeah. anyways.

winnersrecords.com css is called by a standard css TAG in the <head> of the document...

CODE:

<link href="css/white-text" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css">
<link href="css/links" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css">

Plus each cell and table needing css is tagged as well...

CODE:

<TD width="700" align="left" valign="middle" class="white-text">

This settup worked just fine on the old host... and I design all sites the same. I wish I knew what I could have done different, but all I did was transfer winnersrecords.com to makhosting... nothing as far as design, or files have been modified any different.

If you use Summary disk usage, that means customers can divide their summary disk space amount web space, email space and database space

You will still have to specify email, disk space (or webspace) and database quotas anyhow. What we have done is set disk space = summary disk space, database quota = 10MB and email quota = 10MB. Customers could increase and decrease database quota and email quota as they want. The actual allocation of space in these three quotas doesn't count towards summary disk space, only actual usage will add up to show their summary disk space.

For overage pricing, you could have a peak and what we charge.

Also,

When using dreamweaver, If you have a css style sheet you want to "Import" from another site done previously... you can select the import option and the CODE is as follows...

This imports the CSS from a local site to the new and copies the coorisponding css file into the local directory and is uploaded with the new site just like any other but is called a bit different. however, I dont believe this is the problem because NONE of the css works... links or text... and the others are called using standard TAGS.

CODE:

<style type="text/css">
<!--
@import url("css/text");
-->
</style>

MAKhosting said:
Also,

When using dreamweaver, If you have a css style sheet you want to "Import" from another site done previously... you can select the import option and the CODE is as follows...

This imports the CSS from a local site to the new and copies the coorisponding css file into the local directory and is uploaded with the new site just like any other but is called a bit different. however, I dont believe this is the problem because NONE of the css works... links or text... and the others are called using standard TAGS.

CODE:

<style type="text/css">
<!--
@import url("css/text");
-->
</style>

Try using the full path to the CSS file. It may just work. would be in the format:
c:\hshome\ftplogin\domainname.com\....

MAKhosting said:
I just checked makhosting.com and it still is not working. It shows

SQWebMail - mail client
Change your POP3 password

which i have no idea what that is...

It will take 24 to 48 hours for propogation to complete for makhosting.com. Would start working then

Are you 100% sure that you have published your code and CSS files correctly?

Could you try publishing and testing some basic CSS code and ensuring that this isn't anything to do with your code.

Submit a ticket if everything fails. We'll try doing our own CSS tests then

I had a look at other css code running on this server
<link href="css.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css">

I think you have to put ".css" infront of your code

ok. I put the extension in front. still no luck...

Can you give me a snippet of other code on your server including <td> and <tr> TAGS so i can see what the "class" code looks like...

like this...

<TD COLSPAN=5 ROWSPAN=5 align="left" valign="top" bgcolor="#CCCCCC" class="text">

I will go through the entire code on the site, but like I said. Untill i switched this site over to makhosting server, I had no problems.

ok,

I went through the site. the files ARE uploaded right. and in the css/ folder on the remote server.

here is code from MAKstudios.com

goto: www.makstudios.com and see the text and links. these are called via css located in the same layout...

makstudios.com/css/links.css
makstudios.com/css/text.css

<HEAD>
<TITLE>MAKstudios.com - Web design, Template design, Logo design, banner design, site maintenance and more!</TITLE>
<META HTTP-EQUIV="Content-Type" CONTENT="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1">
<style type="text/css">
<!--
@import url("css/text.css");
-->
</style>
<style type="text/css">
<!--
@import url("css/links.css");
-->
</style>

</HEAD>

this is on another host's server. Linux...

Yash said:
Could you try putting the css file in the same directory as the web page and see if it works...

Lol. did that already. no go. I have litterally tried everything Yash! really. I have!

no one else is having this issue which strikes me as odd! like my code is wrong... but it really isnt.

I have been doing this the same way for years now.

um... I will do some tests on MAKstudios.com as far as different css call functions, but there arent many ways other than the two you seen here so... I have no idea...

You'll need to give us a day on this issue if possible. We'll have our web developer upload a css site on this server and test it.

Does there maybe need to be permissions set for the css folder??? I highly doubt it, but maybe? when I go to set permissions for it i get errors...

permissions failed to set.... yada yada...

another error that may cause problems in the future...

Back