I?m MAD!!

pehu

Perch
I?m really mad about this reseller IP change, and how it has been handled by Jodohost. None of my domains are working per today!
Yes, I got the emails that was sent just before the wekend. Unfortunately I was on travel over the whole weekend and had a whole bunch of emails to read monday morning. I have tried to change the IP?s with my registrars, but I have customers with different registrars and it takes time to ge in contact with them and make all changes. And some of my registrars says it may take up to 72 hours before the changes is affected.
Why don?t you tell about major changes like this earlier?? You have to announce it earlier and give us more time to make all neccesary changes!

1. We did not have the time either, as we were scrambling to get IPs from ARIN, and Level3 was being fully unreasonable.
2. We did give notice, as much as we could.
3. You only need to change ONE DNS IP are ONE registrar, not all your customers, you are making this harder than it is.

Stephen said:
3. You only need to change ONE DNS IP are ONE registrar, not all your customers, you are making this harder than it is.
Uhm, no?
Many domains have nameserver glue information that needs to be updated. Some do not, like .org domain names, but .net, .com etc do.

I needed to change the IPs for several domains. Luckily I don't have all that many :)

The glue typically works out as well, automatically,I watched it happen about 8 times last night.

Ok, it hasn?t been really clear to me how to do, and after contact with support i also thought it like I had to make changes on each domain. Anyway, maybe I misunderstood it.
I have now logged in to my registrar with the domain that is my Nameserver domain.
I have registered the new IP?s to my both ns.mydomain.net and ns2.mydomain.net
I also after the new IP registration made an update of both ns.
Nothing has changed yet, how long is normal before I can expect to see the changes? Can anyone tell me just so I know if I maybe have done it wrong.

Once I made the changes last night to mine, 2 of them were working in les than 3 minutes, the third took about 15. Not too bad, I guess.

Good Oyster said:
Once I made the changes last night to mine, 2 of them were working in les than 3 minutes, the third took about 15. Not too bad, I guess.

Wow, you are one of the luckiest. How is that possible?? I was told that ips will take about 2 days to propagate thru the internet. Interesting...

it shouldnt take more than a few hours, its not like standard propogation.

Howeer ISP caching can make your sites appear down for much longer

We had given all our resellers a good early warning and had even phoned up everyone. I wonder why a few resellers didn't comply with the changes earlier to avoid downtime :(

Yash said:
it shouldnt take more than a few hours, its not like standard propogation.

Howeer ISP caching can make your sites appear down for much longer

We had given all our resellers a good early warning and had even phoned up everyone. I wonder why a few resellers didn't comply with the changes earlier to avoid downtime :(

I was one of the first to make those changes at my registrar. I remember seeing the email and rushing to the CP to get the IPs. That is whats frustrating. One thing I noticed was that my service domain was pointing to my ns1 and ns2 as its nameserveres at my registrar. would that have caused some kind of problem?

maverick1911 said:
One thing I noticed was that my service domain was pointing to my ns1 and ns2 as its nameserveres at my registrar. would that have caused some kind of problem?
If I understand you correctly, it's supposed to be like that under normal circumstances.
Best let Yash take a look at the actual domain's settings to prevent misunderstands.

SubSpace said:
If I understand you correctly, it's supposed to be like that under normal circumstances.
Best let Yash take a look at the actual domain's settings to prevent misunderstands.

I have PM'ed Yash. I'm hoping for the best. This is why Jodo is great. They are willing to go the extra mile. Thanks in advance.

Maverick,

Have you flushed your local DNS resolver cache? Have you checked on external DNS sources like dnsreport.com or codeflux.com itools?

Stephen said:
Maverick,

Have you flushed your local DNS resolver cache? Have you checked on external DNS sources like dnsreport.com or codeflux.com itools?

I just tried codeflux.com's tools and still nothing. This bites man!

I know you already sent a PM to Yash, but I don't get his, can you send me your service domain and another for me to check?

Thanks!

Hi Everyone,

This is just to let everyone know how helpful Stephen has been to us the last couple of days as we tried to figure out why 1&1 was not updating new IPs in their nameservers and sadly enough they still have not. So much for having support becuase it was worse than their already confusing and feature lacking control panel. Since then we've switched to GoDaddy, (whose your daddy now 1&1 ? :p ) and all of our sites started to work within 6 hours and some less than 1 hr and now all of our sites are up and business as usual.

Moral of the story: You get what you pay, we went cheap w/ their $5.99 / domain and we got jipped in support but this isn't true in all causes because Stephen (and also other stuff ) were very help and went away beyond their support to help us aleviate this problem.

Jodohost defintely has a great team backed by very knowledgeable and helpful staff. So for any lurkers reading this thread, if you want really great service packed with feature rich servers and extremely fast turnaround times for the cheap price, then JodoHost is the place to be.

Back