ImageMagick Install on Wincf server..

Hi! I once upon a time dropped a ticket on this, but have since mis-filed the responce and there has been some issue with this as well..

Could one of our nice admin's please inform me, and by doing so here, having it for the future needs of others, the exact version and proper path for the current Install of ImageMagick on the wincf server...

If ImageMagick is not installed on the WinCF server, could you kindly please install it.. Prebuilt Windows Binaries can be located at:
http://www.imagemagick.org/script/binary-releases.php#windows

Thanks, because I'm tired of having one of my clients complain about how they dont have a photo gallery, and they want to use php Gallery.. so.. *stops rambling*

Thanks..
-Tom

Tom, I am very sorry about the delay. Stephen will update you in another 6 hours.. It's best you submit a ticket for such requests as we can track them better

I am installing it right now, again, sorry for the delay, I did not see this topic to install it.

Yash & Stephen..

Thanks much! Now I can get our client off my rear end. :)
I had put a TT in on this before as mentioned some time back.. However having the information on the forums maybe benificial to other resellers in the future (also makes sure I wont loose it later :D )

Thanks again for all your help!
-Tom

Actually.. A Problem..
---
Verify that the binaries (NetPBM or ImageMagick) are installed correctly and are chmodded 0755 (including the directory they are in).

One common installation mistake is to put the executable in a path that contains spaces. This happens often on Windows, if either package is installed in Program Files. The executables must not be installed in a path that contains spaces.

If you could kindly fix this and inform of the new path, it would be most appreciated.

Thanks
-Tom

Thanks for the quick reply on this.. One last thing I hope.. *fingers crossed*..

Q: I get lots of "Warning: exec(): Unable to fork [cmd /c ...]" at the module's step in the installer (on the ImageMagick module) under Windows/IIS. Now what?

A: You need to give permissions for IIS to be able to read and execute the command interpreter ("cmd.exe"). Without it, Gallery won't be able to call external executables (like ImageMagick). Required steps:

1. Open a cmd-prompt with "Start", "Execute", then type "cmd.exe". Hit ENTER.
2. At the prompt, type:
Code:
C:\> cacls %COMSPEC% /E /G %COMPUTERNAME%\IUSR_%COMPUTERNAME%:R

This adds the "read" permission to the IIS-user for the cmd.exe. Close the prompt and then try activating the imagemagick module again.

Thanks.. Sorry to be a pain about this..
-Tom

Tom you will need to PM me, as we do not grant command access to users, it is a huge security risk.

May I ask what is this being done for, as we have many image related CF Components on the server.

Thanks. Its not going to work sadly, it appears that both require command access in order to handle the manipulation. Seeing as that ImageMagick and NetBPM are the only two modules that will work completly with PHP Gallery...

There appears no resolution to the problem other than eaither having command access.. I'm out of ideas now..

Thanks for all your patiance and assistance.
-Tom

I am sorry, but as I said before command line access is just a very bad thing, far too much can happen if we grant that permission level.

Understand all too well. Now the problem is finding some sort of prebuilt gallery that will run on the CF server, and will play nice.. If you happen to have any suggestions.. I'll gladly take any..

..And I've got to dash a Client's hopes and dreams.. And get yelled at some more.. *smirk*

Thanks again for all your help.
-Tom

Back