Initial Hosting Setup for hosting site, help!

First off I want to say thanks for the support that I have found in this forum, you guys rock. Now I'll get on with my user error. :) I have set up a few plans, and have subscribed a few of my sites to one of them, to get familiar with things. I have to say once you get over the initial hurdle with HSphere, it seems pretty awesome. Well the question I am left with is this... I have my primary site, the one I will be advertising my hosting with. I have set that as my dns. I created an account called system set to be a service domain. I also went to my domain registrar and updated my dns pointers to be ns.mydomain.com and ns2.mydomain.com pointing at the appropriate ip addresses. Now I have given it a couple days and I can ping my domain name, and see that it comes back with the proper ip. However when I hit the same domain in the url of IE I get only a server 500 error. In my "reseller control panel", I think thats what it's called... The overarching cp. I have updated my base reseller url to reflect https://www.mydomain.com:8443 ... Something interesting... If I try to nav to this I get a "page cannot be displayed" However if I drop the port off the end I get "I am a Jade Rabbit" Thanks in advance.

I had selected that CF be an option to use and I believe I set it to active. So I should disable CF if I wish for this to work right now? I haven't done any development in CF in a while so this would not hinder me. I reset the value of CF Module to not be included in the system plan. The other sites that I have setup in a different plan do not show up either.

Any site that will use CF has to be communicated to jodohost so it can be moved to the right server. I'm not sure if that is documented anywhere (besides these forums) but it should be.

Turning off CF 'should' fix your main site for now unless activating CF threw it for a loop.

But again, any of your other sites that are on a CF plan need to be moved to WIN2 via a support ticket.

Okay... I turned off the CF for all of my plans. Unfortunately this has not fixed my problem. I still receive a server 500 error when I attempt to view my page for my master site, as well as any of my plan sites.

MarkeyHost said:
As far as the CF being not available on every server I had no idea Jodo would set that up like that.

This is just temporary. The problem is that we can only fit in 300 to 350 sites on each server atm. And out of those, only says 3 or 4 are cold fusion. It makes more sense to put them on a separate server than having cold fusion on every server.

The next few servers we'll add are going to be Dual HTs so that is basically four processors and 4GB of DDRAM. We're aiming to put 1000 sites on each server and we'll have cold fusion installed on them as well.

For now, when you include cold fusion in your plans, don't turn it on by default. Just include it.

Is mysql going to be moved off of web.m****here.biz? Also are you guys giving out unique IPs for each DNS setup per reseller?

All resellers get unique IPs for DNS
Mysql and pgsql are both on web because currently we only have 10 to 15 sites on that server. When we actually have a reseller that starts selling more linux accounts, we'll add web2.

Well I ask you now before you get too large to talk to psoft about using shared IPs for DNS... The DNS servers can only support so many unique IPs and when it comes time to go to shared IPs the more people who have to switch the more of a pain it is...

Same thing with running mysql and web server on the same box... one of them someday is going to have down time while you move it to its own box...

We'll be introducing more DNS servers when we can't add more IPs to the current. So don't worry about that. I believe resellers feel safer having their own name server IPs

We don't plan to relocate mysql and pgsql. We'll just turn that server off for signups and introduce another server

We have been working with HSphere clusters for over a year now.

Okay I was just checking... I have been using Hsphere for close to two years now... and have seen the ups and downs of the system....

Thank you for the quick replys!

Markey

Back