Instant access not working.

Hello.

I recently signed up a client for Win Gold. We are creating an asp program for her and are uploading the same between the time the name servers propogate. however, the instant access domain (which was working fine yesturday) is no longer working. I have looked around and cant seem to figure out why. any suggestions?

Turn it off then on. That wll recreate it
If it doesn't work, open a ticket. No way we can determine without knowing the alias

I entered client cpanel and went to web options and turned instant alias off then back on a few times. nothing changed. The IA does not work. It is not a problem anymore because the dns has propogated and the site is live, but for future... I guess it would've been nice to know what happened. ok, thanks anyways.

I am having the same problem.

I have a reseller account:
LocatorAssistant.net

I have created a new domain/account.
allaustinlocating.com

The instant access did not work. Turned it off and then back on. Here is the link I get.

d77049.u29.locatorassistant.net

I just get an "IT Services" banner.

Please note that I used to have another reseller account under locatorassistant.net so this may be causing a problem. Is there another way to test out the URL. I need to test it before going live.

dion

Right now its giving "Under Construction" which means there is a configuration issue with your website in IIS. Open a ticket and we'll look into it

i cant access the website throught instant access at
d8792297.a119.thelad.net
why so???
this is the error page i get
his is the default H-Sphere server page. From here you are able to access the following services:
Web Utilities:
WebShell4—file manager

If this page is not what you wanted to get, most probably, one of the one of the following situations occured:

* Domain name refers to H-Sphere logical server, e.g., web.service-domain.com
* Third-level domain name does not exist. Maybe, you typed it incorrectly, e.g., valeed-domain .example.com instead of valid-domain.example.com
* Domain incorrectly points to this H-Sphere server.

this happens sometimes, turn off the instant alias and bring it back on and will be set in most cases.

I've got a similar issue, though the error I'm getting is a blank screen w/
Code:
Directory Listing Denied
This Virtual Directory does not allow contents to be listed.
I've turned the instant alias on and off and messed with all the index file/listings settings under the domain -- nothing changes.

I can get to the domain folders via FTP just fine -- but the instant alias just won't take. Thoughts?

I've got a similar issue, though the error I'm getting is a blank screen w/
Code:
Directory Listing Denied
This Virtual Directory does not allow contents to be listed.
I've turned the instant alias on and off and messed with all the index file/listings settings under the domain -- nothing changes.

I can get to the domain folders via FTP just fine -- but the instant alias just won't take. Thoughts?

you have directory indexes set to load the index.php/asp/etc first right?

Stephen,

Yep -- the index files are set to load, but nothing changes. What's really odd is that if I upload a file -- e.g. helloworld.html -- and try to reach that specific file with the instant access domain name, I get a "file not found" error. It's like the site is just completely misfiring if I use the instant access alias.

Besides, before this weirdness started occuring, the instant access alias of new domains would just work right out of the box, there was never a reason to go mess with the default index settings.

Stephen,

Yep -- the index files are set to load, but nothing changes. What's really odd is that if I upload a file -- e.g. helloworld.html -- and try to reach that specific file with the instant access domain name, I get a "file not found" error. It's like the site is just completely misfiring if I use the instant access alias.

Besides, before this weirdness started occuring, the instant access alias of new domains would just work right out of the box, there was never a reason to go mess with the default index settings.

ok one big possiblilty then, have you chcked in e.manager Server Aliases recently?

You need to resubmit this each time we add a server, if you dont can make instant aliases not work.

e.manager Server Aliases?!? Bingo, I never knew I had to do anything there... never done so before, but sure enough: there was a whole bunch of new servers sitting unconnected. I also went in and looked under DNS manager and found that there was a missing instant alias entry for web2... however, all that done, and the problem continues. ;(

But now that I've discovered the wonderful world of the e.manager I'll screw around a bit more and see if I can get everything up to date.

Kinda whacky that hsphere requires us to go in an manually trigger updates that, really, should happen automatically in some sort of batch mode, no?

e.manager Server Aliases?!? Bingo, I never knew I had to do anything there... never done so before, but sure enough: there was a whole bunch of new servers sitting unconnected. I also went in and looked under DNS manager and found that there was a missing instant alias entry for web2... however, all that done, and the problem continues. ;(

But now that I've discovered the wonderful world of the e.manager I'll screw around a bit more and see if I can get everything up to date.

Kinda whacky that hsphere requires us to go in an manually trigger updates that, really, should happen automatically in some sort of batch mode, no?

it happens anytime we add servers, which is about once a month.

disable and enable the instant alias again and it will fix.

Back