Jan 18-21 Windows server reboots thread

Stephen

US Operations
Staff member
All servers will be rebooted during this period. This is a placeholder for the moment. We will place reboots and updates as they happen here.

Win2 is back up but will require another reboot as the ASP.NET was not able to be installed the first shot.

Win2 is running the ASPNET 3.5 installer and it has taken down IIS for about the last 3 minutes, this is not something we expected but are going to let it run its course.

Win2 is running the ASPNET 3.5 installer and it has taken down IIS for about the last 3 minutes, this is not something we expected but are going to let it run its course.
IIS is back up, the installer is still running.

I am updating win13 now, I tried to do ASP.NET 3.5 again this time but it failed again, so 3.5 will NOT be on win13. if you need the features you will need to be moved to another server.

however I am doing two other patches on Win13 and it will be rebooted in the next 15 minutes or less.

I am updating win13 now, I tried to do ASP.NET 3.5 again this time but it failed again, so 3.5 will NOT be on win13. if you need the features you will need to be moved to another server.

however I am doing two other patches on Win13 and it will be rebooted in the next 15 minutes or less.

Win13 is back up, Win9 will be next.

Win6 now has ASP.NET 2.0/3.5 installed!

I am rebooting it, doing a couple more patches and rebooting again.

Win6 reboot 2 coming up.

Win6 is back up, and again it now supports ASP.NET 2 and 3.5(just select 2.0 and 3.5 works)

Win9 is taking a bit longer and I do not believe I will get to the ASPNET install tonight on it as I am running out of time.

Win9 patch install is done with the most part, but doing post install cleanup. taking longer than expected but should be rebooting in the next 20 minutes or less.

Win9 patch install is done with the most part, but doing post install cleanup. taking longer than expected but should be rebooting in the next 20 minutes or less.

it is done and I am rebooting but it seems there may be a problem, I may have to unisntall the updates if that is the case.

it is done and I am rebooting but it seems there may be a problem, I may have to uninstall the updates if that is the case.

There is indeed an error in the process but it is only hurting us from a management standpoint, IIS and core functions for client operation are up.

I am going to be working on this and there will be one more reboot at some point but I am working to keep as low impact as possible.

There is indeed an error in the process but it is only hurting us from a management standpoint, IIS and core functions for client operation are up.

I am going to be working on this and there will be one more reboot at some point but I am working to keep as low impact as possible.

I think we now have it to a point there will NOT BE any other reboot until 11PM tonight back in maintenance window and during that time we will correct what is now just a minor issue and install ASP.NET 2.0 and 3.5.

Back