Jodo had H-Sphere problems earlier?

Trex

Guppy
Hi there, i was reading in General Announcements that you guys had issues with H-Sphere and stopped using it?

Message Subject:Domain/Account Additions Turned Off

"We are looking to switch to a new Control Panel system (Helm & CPanel) due to various issues we have been facing with the HSphere Control Panel. With Helm and CPanel, we'll be able to provide more features and automation to our customers than ever before"​

Could you elaborate on this and also, since you are using H-Sphere now for your reseller accounts, what has changed?

Thanks!

Hi,I was wondering if anyone from Jodo was going to address this?
Thanks.

Trex said:
Hi there, i was reading in General Announcements that you guys had issues with H-Sphere and stopped using it?

Message Subject:Domain/Account Additions Turned Off

"We are looking to switch to a new Control Panel system (Helm & CPanel) due to various issues we have been facing with the HSphere Control Panel. With Helm and CPanel, we'll be able to provide more features and automation to our customers than ever before"​

Could you elaborate on this and also, since you are using H-Sphere now for your reseller accounts, what has changed?

Thanks!

Yes, for a brief time. But Helm had even more problems...
HSphere is reliable and stable, don't worry

Yikes, so H-Sphere had problems enough for you to abandon them for another Control panel, HELM. But then HELM had more problems than H-Sphere, so you came back to them, or to put it another way settled for H-Sphere again?

Why should anyone not worry if you're putting the clients back on to a Control Panel you thought was previously not good enough to be used by the company? Can you eloborate on the problems? And how have you solved them?
Yash said:
Yes, for a brief time. But Helm had even more problems...
HSphere is reliable and stable, don't worry

Trex said:
Yikes, so H-Sphere had problems enough for you to abandon them for another Control panel, HELM. But then HELM had more problems than H-Sphere, so you came back to them, or to put it another way settled for H-Sphere again?

They never actually switched to Helm. They were considering it, but decided not to change -- which is fine by me, as I have no complaints about hsphere.

riley

Trex said:

Why should anyone not worry if you're putting the clients back on to a Control Panel you thought was previously not good enough to be used by the company? Can you eloborate on the problems? And how have you solved them?

There were other reasons they were looking at leaving Hsphere. The development company is slow to add certain features that are important to some customers like a better stats server, automatic ftp accounts on windows etc. Yash has explained that it is difficult to integrate 3rd party applications into it which causes Jodohost to not be as competitive for features.

Jodohost just wants the best experience for their customers that they can.

As for these "problems" caused by Hspere...I can vouch that Jodohost is always quick to fix and problems that are encountered...most times quicker than any other host I have every been with. Sure it's frustrating that things break but as someone on here has said...it is the way the problems are dealt with and I believe in most cases Jodohost does an excellent job on this.

Also...for some of the limitations, they have allowed us to submit a ticket and ask for them to be enabled such as web application directories and ftp user accounts.

I wouldn't focus too much on why Jodohost decided to STAY with Hsphere....they just decided that they couldn't find a better environment out there for us. That I appreciate completely and should be seen as a positive thing, not negative.

Sometimes I'm really tempted to design to design a control panel of my own, with a clear separation of interface and functionality (so a webhost could program a completely different front-end if needed, or script common tasks), and support for custom modules..

Then I realise that it would be a hobby project, take huge amounts of time and that I'd probably get bored with it before it's anywhere near done :p

<sigh> if only there were 48 hour days :)

Back