Joomla help - article sort order

skypanther

Exalted Code Master!
Sorry for posting here and not on some Joomla forum. I rarely use this CMS so I'm not really in tune with the "proper channels" for help.

Anyway, I'm trying to figure out why articles on a client's web site are being sorted by their entry order rather than by the order I have set within the Joomla admin pages. Where would such stuff be configured?

I entered a couple of articles for my client. She asked me to rearrange them. In the administrator, I clicked the up/down triangles to put the articles in the right order. But, the articles still appear in the order I entered them.

Thanks,
Tim

Anyway, I'm trying to figure out why articles on a client's web site are being sorted by their entry order rather than by the order I have set within the Joomla admin pages. Where would such stuff be configured?

You can change creation an publication date in each article. That should rearrange them. For frontpage articles you can easily order articles using Frontpage manager in Site menu by using up/down arrows.

Oh man, why didn't I think of changing the creation date. :O

I did try reordering the items on the front page with the Front Page manager as you said. It had no effect either. I'll go with the creation date "fix."

Thanks!
Tim

Easier way to do it:
1. Go to Menu > mainmenu
2. Click on Home
3.On the right side find Category order and Primary order
4. Set category order to ordering and Primary order to Front page ordering.
5. Then you can set ordering in Content > Front page manager
That is all.

@tomzzzy -- Thanks! That did it. That was the solution I knew must be hidden in there someplace.

Many thanks,
Tim

Yes, very helpful, tomzzzy, thanks :)

I am looking for a better way to chmod all files properly to keep the webs secure. Do you by any chance know a script or a way to do this in Jodo?

I am looking for a better way to chmod all files properly to keep the webs secure. Do you by any chance know a script or a way to do this in Jodo?
Offtopic - For note of all, ownership is given back to users once every 24 hours and there is no script way for users to claim it back on their own.

Thanks for replying to my offtopic question, Tanmaya. I am aware that ownership (Chown) cannot be run on a shared server and that you do so every 24 hours. My question is regarding permissions (chmod). I repeatedly change file permissions to 777 for editing and need to change them back for security. I wonder if other Jodo Joomla users handle these changes by running a script.

Back