Just some pre-sales questions

A.Fan

Guppy
Hi,

I am very interested in hosting a couple of sites with Jodohost. I just have a few questions that I need answered/clarified before I move over.

1. I plan on having two sites written in Cold Fusion but installing/using phpBB for my message board on one of the sites. Will there be a problem having both Cold Fusion and php on the same site? I am planning on putting the phpbb in a different directory (ie: www.mysite.com/phpbb/).

2. Do you support custom Cold Fusion tags? Nothing too fancy, but ones that are similar to the ones found here. Basically custom scripts that are called like: <CF_MyCustomScript>. Nothing that is a security issue or anything like that.

3. What kind of spam filtering is offered? Can I create my own filters that say something like: "If Header contains 123.45.678.9 (or any other variable) send to trash" or "If Sender contains knownspammer.com send to trash". I currently use SpamAssassin and that seems to work very well for me. With the tons of spam out there, I am very concerned about being able to set up custom filters/blocks so that most spam gets blocked at the server level.

4. What kind of stats package is included? I see that Webalizer is offered, but I am not too fond of that particular stats tracker. I saw that HSphere 2.4 is supposed to be installed (with Awstats, which I like TONS better) soon. Any time frame on that?

5. One of the sites I already own is not currently being hosted (I let my previous hosting plan run out). What would I need to do to get it transferred over? Since it isn't being hosted, I am unsure who to contact about that.

That's it for now. I think that I am forgetting a question or two, but I will post them if/when I remember. Thanks for your time and answers!

Hi

1) Yes, you can use phpBB on Windows but their is an issue with the mailer function (I believe) although when we tested it, phpmail was working
2) We can look into it on your request, but we can't commit
3) In the near future.
4) Awstats is available in Hsphere 2.4 (already in Beta5). I'd say it go RC in a few more weeks
5) Just visit your domain registrar and change its name servers to our's

Back