Lease-Line Through COM1 Port?

OJM

Perch
Hi,

The company I work for use a software package from Barclays (Bank) called Barclays Business Master II.

This software connects to Barclays using a standard dial-up modem, but we wish to remove this, and instead connect over our LAN, through our Proxy / PIX and over the lease-line.

Unfortunately, Barclays say this isn't possible with their software, and it will only work over a dial-up modem.

I doubt this, as who uses dial-up modems anymore!?

My question is, does anyone know of any software which will let stone age software connect through the modem port (ie, COM1), but actually send the info over the LAN / lease-line?

For example, something which tricks the software into thinking it's going through a modem, but actually routing down a lease-line connection.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

This is correct. The same as LTSB. It's a security measure. You are actually dialling directly into the Barclays secure network - not coming over the internet.

Doh! I see why they do it then, it's just a pain in the neck when sending a 30MB+ file over dial-up.

I've been in contact with them, and they say they've superseeded BBMII with a web based application - will have to give it a try.

Thanks for the info Greggers!

Back