Link to the Main Page

Danial

Perch
Hi,
I was just wondering would it be logical and helpful to have the Main JodoHost logo linked to the Home page instead of Forum home page? Currently we have to scroll down at the bottom to find any link to the main page even that i found by accedient. I used to manually type the homepage URL to get to the page.

Just thought it would be helpful to new user who directly came to the forum.

What do you guys think?

Links at the top, OK. But don't link the main logo, I always use that to return to the main forum page. I doubt most forum members have any reason to visit Jodohost.com, though I take your point that they have a lot of guests browse these pages...

LegalAlien said:
Links at the top, OK. But don't link the main logo, I always use that to return to the main forum page. I doubt most forum members have any reason to visit Jodohost.com, though I take your point that they have a lot of guests browse these pages...

I take your point, but if you look at the navigation bar, a link to the main forum already exist.

e.g

JodoHost Forums > Community > Suggestions and Feedback > Link to the Main Page

Its a standard practice to have the Logo linked to the Main Page.

I realise that. But my instinct is to hit the graphic rather than the text link. Sorry!! I'm sure I'd learn real fast if it changes.. 8)

LegalAlien said:
I realise that. But my instinct is to hit the graphic rather than the text link. Sorry!! I'm sure I'd learn real fast if it changes.. 8)

No reason to apologise. Thats why I asked everyone's opinion not just the site owner :).

I am just pointing out something which I think might be useful. Its up to the site owner whether to take my advice suggestion.

Danial

Agree.

Statistics show many people won't notice the links at the bottom of a page, especially those you need to scroll down to find. As evidence, Banner ads at the top often have significantly higher value than those at the bottom.

It's also a common practice to make the logo link to the main page. So it's natural for users to think so. The consensus in HCI design is to make users have as less "surprise" as possible in the user interface.

But this is not a big deal. As whole, the forum is very easy to use and offers tremendous value to us.

hmm, good idea.
The problem is that I don't know how to do it. I tried looking into the vBulletin templates but couldn't figure it out. I'll write to vBulletin support

Back