Location of AWStats and Webalizer directories

Hi,

I am new to Jodohost and so far I am pretty impressed. Just one thing:

It would be nice if I could set the location of the Webalizer and AWStats to something other than the directory where all my files. I don't like it when my files get mixed with some system generated files and it's pretty easy to delete them accidentally.

It would be a nice option if I could set this in the control panel. Or just put them into the logs directory with the other log files.

Cheers

Hans

Not sure I am following, webalizer should be in a different folder, and awstats as well, it has every time I have seen it installed and working anyway.

Yes, they are in different folders. But they are in the root folder of my domain together with my files.
For example this causes a problem if you publish with FrontPage. Since it's not on the local path FrontPage will ask you to delete the folder on the web site. If you aren't careful you'll wipe out AWStats and Webalizer folders.

Does that make it clearer?

Hans

Stephen said:
Not sure I am following, webalizer should be in a different folder, and awstats as well, it has every time I have seen it installed and working anyway.

Very clear now, then the only option would be a subdomain, and I don't think that is too good personally, but if there is enough support for it, it coul be brought up to the dvelopers.

Guess I need to start campaigning now to find some supporters :]

Stephen said:
Very clear now, then the only option would be a subdomain, and I don't think that is too good personally, but if there is enough support for it, it coul be brought up to the dvelopers.

Hi Folks,

Hans if you do a "full publish" once from the online web..to the local FrontPage web on your pc..and then from that point publish "up" to the server saying "changed pages only" you shouldn't get that message regarding deleting in FrontPage. The Folders and files for AWStats and Webalizer will either be the same..or newer..therefore no messages. Just don't delete the folders in your local web..or the messages will start again.

That's an option. I have created empty folders in my local web and marked them as subweb. That way Frontpage doesn't touch them but it seems a bit inelegant.

InTheMarket said:
Hi Folks,

Hans if you do a "full publish" once from the online web..to the local FrontPage web on your pc..and then from that point publish "up" to the server saying "changed pages only" you shouldn't get that message regarding deleting in FrontPage. The Folders and files for AWStats and Webalizer will either be the same..or newer..therefore no messages. Just don't delete the folders in your local web..or the messages will start again.

I actually just went through this not too long ago. When moving my domains to JodoHost I first needed to publish up doing a full publish. I then turned around and opened my online webs and did a full publish back down to my pc. I then turned around and did a publish up one more time saying changed pages only. The reason I did that was so no matter which web I opened (local or online) it would remember the last destination I published to (that's cause I'm sometimes lazy and didn't want to try and remember it! :D )

Back