Mail 4 issue

my customers the same.

It is normal that ping to mail4.myshpxxx resolves to 173.0.129.9 and nslookup mail4.mysphxxx get 204.14.104.85 IP?

My customers is getting errors that can not connect to 204.14.104.85

How can I know which domains are affected by this? It seems various domains me and my clients own are on different mail servers?

How can I know which domains are affected by this? It seems various domains me and my clients own are on different mail servers?
ping the mail server with mail.domain.com if the reply comes from 'mail4.' then it is on mail4 and should be checked.

Only mail4 was impacted with this gw-mail issue, but some outside factors with AVAST antivirus ahve caused a bit of an major hassle as well, and that we cannot control.

Not even all domains on mail4 have the gw-mail dns entry that is causing some problems.

Stephen,

It seems mail4 issue has not been fixed yet until now.

I just received complaint from my customers that they have not received emails for the past 10 days. They are able to send emails but No emails received.

I did a test mail on webmail. No Problem with sending emails but cant receive email reply.

What's going on ? When is this mail issue going to be solved ???

Stephen,

It seems mail4 issue has not been fixed yet until now.

I just received complaint from my customers that they have not received emails for the past 10 days. They are able to send emails but No emails received.

I did a test mail on webmail. No Problem with sending emails but cant receive email reply.

What's going on ? When is this mail issue going to be solved ???
mail4 is not having an issue but some domains are:
http://support.jodohost.com/showthread.php?t=22593

We have a routine that can be done now to change them all what was custom written, we will run and force update these for all, but you can, and should do that now.

Ok I have restored mx record and sent a test mail again.

Still No Email received. Ticket RS #LRW-51505​-167

Ok I have restored mx record and sent a test mail again.

Still No Email received. Ticket RS #LRW-51505​-167
You will need to wait a little bit, as there can be DNS cache, it shouldnt take too long but mail should start flowing in.

No. I was checking with horde webmail.
I'm on roundcube webmail now.
Got the emails. But only emails that I sent 1 hour ago are here.
I didnt receive test emails I sent few hours ago.

Are they gone?

No. I was checking with horde webmail.
I'm on roundcube webmail now.
Got the emails. But only emails that I sent 1 hour ago are here.
I didnt receive test emails I sent few hours ago.

Are they gone?
Mails from before the dns change will likely return to you from your sending mail server in the next hours.

We've done a run of the DNs fix tool as well now on all gw-mail4

Stephen,

My client who wasn't working originally was fixed after doing dns change to mail4.

But today he has stopped getting emails again.

Tried to go to webmail and everything is under maintenance except roundcube... never used it.

Tried roundcube and I see the email there and I saw it forward the email to my gmail account... BUT the Outlook client is not getting the emails.

I have asked user to send me the error. Will post back shortly.

Stephen,

I have asked user to send me the error. Will post back shortly.

Email from user using his blackberry account:

I can't send email now either. Here is the text when trying to receive;

"The server responded with an error. Account 'mail.softechsystems.com', Server: 'mail.softechsystems.com' , protocol Pop 3 Server response: '-ERR cannot connect to POP server 204.10.107.21 connect error 10060 Port 110. Error number 0x800CXX90.

That IP doesn't look right to me though.

HR is getting this error from different computer:

The error on this machine says ...

The connection to the server has failed. Account: 'mail.softechsystems.com', Server: 'mail.softechsystems.com', Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10060, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E

That IP is wrong, for sure, that should not be there, and here it is NOT. they seem to have some very extreme cached DNS in the office or ISP maybe? It hasn't been that for over a week now.

Ping it yourself and you will see the IP is a 173 IP as it is supposed to be.

Outlook getting it, but it being on the server as you saw on roundcube, means that this mail entry that they have so extremely cached is preventing them from accessing it, but the rest of the net can.

Back