Mail 5 Problems?

I noticed domains on Cluster 1, Mail 5 don't seem to be receiving email...sending seems to be fine (two domains I have under my reseller account).

I saw the Network Outages thread from yesterday, and was wondering if there is an on-going issue?

I just sent several messages and nothing made it through - checking via a POP client and logged in to WebMail.

Webmail does seem pretty slow right now but I don't use it much, so I can't really compare.

I'll open a ticket if necessary, but since I noticed it on two different domains I thought it might be a server issue and not a domain or account issue.

Thanks!
Michael

There is no ongoing issue.

Mail5 is our main domain email server, and believe me I am getting plenty of email :D

Webmail, use roundcude and it will be fast. The current webmail is in the process of being migrated as all the mail servers have moved now, but it is still in Miami.

Go to mail.yourdomain.com that is on mail5, and roundcube will be an option there.

I guess I'll have to open a trouble ticket then.

Two domains are definitely NOT receiving email right now. Just checked again, plus 3 test messages I sent earlier also have not been received.

Also - the RoundCube login page has a third field for 'server' - what's the correct answer there? Horde/DWMail/Squirrel always were just user name and password...

ok, there is some delay of mails it seems, but mail is coming in. I have mails from about 15 min ago in.

I tested from gmail and see a delay.

mail.domain.com is the server unless service domain then you need mailX.servicedomain.com

The issue is a delay, not down. So mail will come in, and its being checked.

Just submitted a ticket..
And it does indeed look like a delay.

In my case, exactly 45 minutes.

Three test emails (from different domains), all arrived exactly 45 minutes after being sent...crazy.

Anyway - I like the look of RoundCube and it is quite quick! Great upgrade!

Should I cancel the ticket I opened or is it something needs to look into anyway?

J
Anyway - I like the look of RoundCube and it is quite quick! Great upgrade!

Should I cancel the ticket I opened or is it something needs to look into anyway?
RoundCube is good and in past had some issues with memory, but nothing too extreme now.

Ticket can be closed by you, or will be replied soon as it is almost resolved.

It seems totally fine right now, no delay at all.

After all these years with Jodo I should know to just wait a little bit.

Almost EVERY time I've either opened a ticket or posted on the forums the 'problem' has either already been fixed, or already been spotted by Jodo and is being fixed...the ticket I opened today has not even appeared in my 'Ticket History' window yet!

Thanks!

It seems totally fine right now, no delay at all.

After all these years with Jodo I should know to just wait a little bit.

Almost EVERY time I've either opened a ticket or posted on the forums the 'problem' has either already been fixed, or already been spotted by Jodo and is being fixed...the ticket I opened today has not even appeared in my 'Ticket History' window yet!

Thanks!
You were on it pretty quick, I was out at lunch and had several mails during lunch, so didn't think any issue there. (that is when I replied)

It turns out nothing bad happened, but a client with a huge mailing list that send out and caused some delays, we'll work with them to resolve this.

Back