Mail Attachments in Horde (Please Help)

Raul

Guppy
sad story about webmail at JodoHost ;(

I'm praying for not losing a good client due to several problems with file attachments in horde webmail interface.
May be those who don't use webmail intesively haven't realized that Horde has a BIG issue related to file attachments such as: poor performance when downloading files, files downloaded Zero-Bytes in length, files uploaded/received corrupted.... As you can see the problems rely on file attachments, but just in Horde, if you use squirrelmail everything seems to be fine as well as using a local email client like outlook.

I have posted a thread a while ago in the Email support forum with no replies so far, I have also issued a Ticket obtaining a kindly but useless answer: "there's no problems, everything is fine"... As I was suggested I chated with the jodo support staff and they finally recognized the existance of a problem but the Yogendra's diagnose was not useful for me, he determined the problem is due to a KNOWN BUG IN HORDE.

I'm still having problems and I KINDLY want a confirmation of this situation, I mean if you have a problem with horde please announce it and let me consider another solution, if not, just let me know if you can fix these bothering issues.

My ticket number GRV-42289-109
Chat session:
Company: JodoHost
Department: Support
Operator: Yogendra <[email protected]>
Visitor: Raul <[email protected]>
Chat Info: Wed 05/04/05 12:12 pm

Recreation of the problem:
-There are some mails with attachements in the mailbox [email protected] (pdf, mdb, jpeg), if you try to download whichever file, you obtain a Zero-lengh file... I have to say that sometimes the system works and you can download them fine, but mostly not.

Thanks in advance for your attention to this matter.

In my webmail option I have 3 different systems installed .

As HORDE is going crazy with attached files I tried the others , one of them worked fine but sorry I could not remember the exact name .

HORDE looks and works good but attachments are a big problem for me and my customers who uses it !

Even I loose many credits about this fact , they are now using the working one :(

So you are not alone buddy .

BTW I translated the Horde Lang. file to Turkish some time ago but it is not installed by JodoHost Staff (at least it was not installed at my last check) , by the help (or force) of not having a TR Lang. Interface my customers tried to use English Interface which is also a problem for me as a reseller ...

I have the same problems, horde is just bad. Attachments won't work.
Squirel works, but the interface is so bad.
My clients all say the same, can we use an other online mail client?

Is there a possibility to change our mail clients? If so how and what are the restrictions?

I'm really dissapointed about this situacion because Jodo doesn't take blame and uncomprehensively still maintains this interface knowing that it is not operable at all, may be they are smiling and joking on us.

But well, in order to advice you all buddies on a solution, there is a 3rd party squirrel skin downloadable from www.nutsmail.com (you have to purchase it). It is documented in other Email-related threads in this forum that this solution has been successfully implemented. (I would try but I lost the client who was complaining about :( ).

Sincerely,

A FRUSTRATED hosting reseller

I have sent this issue to jodohost and they have said to me that this issue is from horde. You can use another web client (Squirrel or another).

I said to jodohost I have another domain in another provider using horde without bug. I dont' know what version we are using in jodohost and which version in my another provider. I'm only know that horde is working fine in another site

I'd like Yash to answer all of us who are complaining about HORDE ISSUES, but it looks beyond the imposible.

You are right buddy, Horde works fine with other providers because I also have a service with another HSPHERE provider and Horde is working terrific there. Besides, if you look at the IP addresses when you are redirected to webmail services, you will note that squirrel server is different from the Horde one. Do you remember that Jodo recently had a terrible mail issue when hard disks crashed? They implemented a "mirror server" or something like that and I guess that Horde is working on a "problematic" server while squirrel doesn't.

I insist, what is truly weird is that Jodo support blames HORDE! it's incredible. I can't apologize to a client saying "oh, sorry but I have a Webmail application that doesn't work running on my servers!!!!! wow!!! fantastic!!!! 8o

Psoft has looked into this as we have sent them tickets, but no resolution has been found.

I am having a REALLY bad time with nutsmail up to now, their skins are breaking things and not working properly, and no replies from them for support on fixing the problems.

Back