Mail enable "Pickup" directory

Hey guys,

For Web mail forms, I'm using an aspx and setting the path to the mail "pickup directory" via an entry in an ini file. Using MS SMTP the entry would look like this:

[Application Settings]
Mail Dir=C:\inetpub\wwwroot\pickup

Can anyone tell me the directory I should dump the messages into when using MailEnable SMTP?

I'm confused...

Thanks,

David

it is best to use CDOSYS and SMTP auth.

You can't do a pickup for CDONTS in MailEnable

another option is to enable MS SMTP server on something like port 2525 and run it side by side and it will send out that way.

I kind of remembered something to that effect from when I first started messing with this two years ago. I've been using MS SMTP as you suggested (but with the default port) and it has "worked" (to an acceptable degree) but I'm now getting complaints about messages not being delivered (problems with all of the AT&T managed domains and AOL in particular).

From what I can tell, this has to do with my not having correct Rdns entries. With this said, what do I need to do? I've set the fully qualified domain within MS SMTP as mail.newmediacompany.net. I assume I need you guys to create the correct Rdns entry?

Sorry for being so dense. This is NOT my bailiwick.

David

ok no problem, they have gotten more picky on the rDNS jsut submit a ticket with an IP to domain map like:

IP -> mail.domain.com
ip_ mail.domain.com

then we will correct those for you.

Back