Mail Server POP3 Access issue

Yash

Bass
Dated: April 21, 2005

There is an issue with accessing the mail server over POP3 due to a name server outage at the datacenter facility.

The mail server is however available over webmail (http://mail.yourdomain.com) and you can send/receive email normally through it

The issue is partly with the datacenter and partly with level(3), the ISP which handles our mail server IP.

The primary name server at the datacenter is down, but a secondary name server also exists. However Level(3) has configured rDNS for the mail IP to only resolve to NS1 and NS1. Not NS1 and NS2.. We of course are extremely upset with them over this lapse

They have corrected this but it will take 2 hours to resolve. NS1 should however be restored much sooner.

Let me reiterate, mail can be accessed perfectly through WebMail. I have sent and received email via hotmail with no issues. So I request customers use webmail while we resolve this issue.

We promise that we will take immediate action once this issue is resolved. We already have finalised our plans to move the mail server IP to our own IP so we can delegate rDNS ourselves and not depend on a 3rd party

Back