Mail Servers Up and Down??

I know about yesterday on mail2, it had a massive amount of spam that was rather cleverly sent do get around blocks. The mail services had to be disabled to clean it up, it was very very bad and would have been much worse had all of it gone out.

don't know of any other issue

Horde mail is just extremely slow. It eventually loads up (which is better than yesterday), just very slowly.

I just heard from a client with the same complaint - Horde is exceptionally slow. I'm trying it myself and have been waiting nearly 5 minutes to complete logging in.

Edit: Also, when I log out and try to log in as another user, I find that I'm still logged in as the original user - the logoff hasn't taken effect yet.

Edit again: OK, now it seems to have picked up speed.

Will have linux team to check webmail server, webmail itself however is not email servers, the mail servers going quite fine :)

Maybe this thread belongs elsewhere, since email is working well, but Horde apparently stinks lately I personally don't use it, but here is a quote from one of my clients:
The Horde account the last few days won't open and when it dose is so slow it makes you want to pull a gun and shoot the screen
I think this needs to be looked into with urgency - my client is very unhappy and starting to ask to be moved to another server. Since there is a single webmail server, this would mean I could be losing my client. Not good!

We found one abusing user on mail server and blocked it. Currently webmail is normal and horde is loading fine. I believe that issue is resolved now.

I just logged in to my client's webmail and it took nearly 3 minutes to get in through Horde. Once I did get in it displayed the following message:
Unknown IMAP response from the server. Server Responded:
This was followed by the login screen inside the frame; even though folders were shown, I was not actually logged in.

I'm now trying a second time and waiting, waiting, waiting...

It's now been 9 minutes and the second login attempt is still processing. Something is seriously wrong with Horde! This seriously hampers my client's ability to do business and my reputation with them.

Down again:
DWmail: There was an error connecting to your mail server. Your server reported: [CLOSED] IMAP connection broken (server response)
Squirrell: ERROR: Connection dropped by IMAP server.

Regular occurrence lately.

Down again:
DWmail: There was an error connecting to your mail server. Your server reported: [CLOSED] IMAP connection broken (server response)
Squirrell: ERROR: Connection dropped by IMAP server.

Regular occurrence lately.

Down again! ERROR: Connection dropped by IMAP server.

Problem is we unblocked blackberry servers :(

BAM soon as we did that IMAP hit the chicane head on, I experienced it even in thunderbird today it was so bad.

Blackberry corporate BIS servers are misbehaving very badly :(

Looks like 15 domains are using 100+ IMAP connections continually.

What is the best way to document these problems?

I'm getting lots of complaints about webmail service - I suppose I could log a ticket everytime, but that seems excessive. The problems also seem to come and go...sometimes it will only be 'down' for a few minutes, other times it has been almost an hour before we can get a successful login AND actually few email.

The worst time seems to be in the mornings from 7:00am - 10:00am (CST: -6hrs GMT).

Right now I'm getting long waits at the login screen, which usually ends in a "Login Failed" or similar message.

Back