More Microsoft friendly, please

papaja

Guppy
Hello,
I moved to Jodo because it supported Windows hosting for same price as Linux and offered free MSSQL databases.

Now, I have few ideas/issues/things that I would like to mention or discuss:

1. Jodo is too tied to HSphere and forced to wait for two or more years to offer new technologies (.net 2.0, mssql 2005). We have them now, but have waited around 2 years for it to become standard. Still if my customer wants mysql 5, he has to delete old account and create it again on new server. This is not always easy especially because it brings your domain down for few hours.

2. Jodo now offers .net 3.5 but only partially. Linq is not supported by default but you have to ask for it?!?

3. I would suggest to Jodo to take a look at SQL Server Hosting Toolkit particularily Microsoft SQL Server Database Publishing Wizard. This is great tool/service provided by Microsoft for easy deployement and backup of MS SQL databases. I tried this tool on Jodo and it shows me my databases, and objects but in the last step it reports something like: "Your user name is not member/allowed to use msdb database".

What other people and Jodo think of these things?

1. We supported 2.0 long before any other hsphere host even on old versions by doing it manually. mssql2005 the same. They have been deployed for long now.
2. Linq is a one time thing most servers have it set some don't, it is not needed each time.
3. It won't work with hpshere, but you can use our own tools by going to mssqlX.yourservicedomain.com/mssql there are only a few that this does not work, and that is being worked on as well.

Back