Movable Type modules

Rlee

Guppy
I did a quick search and it seems you have the necessary modules to run Movable Type on your Linux plans. I needed to know if you also support the Image::Magick module for Movable Type. I would need the module to resize images on the fly.

Thanks,
Rob

Hi

Imagemagik as well as DBD:mysql are installed. Therefore you should be able to run Movable type on our servers without any issues

Yash said:
Hi

Imagemagik as well as DBD:mysql are installed. Therefore you should be able to run Movable type on our servers without any issues

Thanks for the quick answer. I've set up a trial host and will start cooking. I'm sure with this kind of great service I'll be paying before the end of the week.

Yash said:
Hi

Had another question after setting up the trial account:

HSphere help for the cgi extensions reads as follows:

" To run any CGI scripts, you should let the system 'know' which files it should treat as CGI executables. Otherwise, the CGI scripts will fail to execute on your sites.

Here is the place to tell the system which files must be treated as CGI scripts. Click the Add icon and in the form that appears, enter file extension for the files you want to be regarded as scripts. For example, entering .pl extensions will mark all *.pl files as executable scripts. The file extension must begin with a dot. This configuration will not affect other users.
* Each new extension that you add to this list is charged setup and recurrent fee as a separate resource."

Does this mean that setting my account to use .cgi and .pl as extensions for cgi files will cost extra?

Also, I tried to access a .cgi file "mt-check.cgi" that's in my cgi-bin with the following URL:

http://d98759.u24.jodoshared.com/cgi-bin/mt-check.cgi

The error I received was a 404:

"The requested URL /cgi-bin/mt-check.cgi was not found on this server."

I checked and the file and it's in the bin when i view the directory in my ftp client. I think I set the directory correctly in H sphere (I uses /cgi-bin) Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Robert

Hi

No, you won't be charged for setting up .cgi or .pl as extensions. You need to do this.
You also need to enable CGI and ensure /cgi-bin is set up as your CGI directory from the control panel.

Next, click on "Apply Server changes" and wait for 15 minutes. Your page will start working then

Yash said:
Hi

No, you won't be charged for setting up .cgi or .pl as extensions. You need to do this.
You also need to enable CGI and ensure /cgi-bin is set up as your CGI directory from the control panel.

Next, click on "Apply Server changes" and wait for 15 minutes. Your page will start working then

I might be getting into a different forum area here. Let me know if I am and I'll post this elsewhere. I tried your suggestion and waited. This morning I also set up another directory (typed /mt into the form field for cgi-bin activation) to run cgi-scripts. I'm getting a different error now when I access the scripts. I get a 500 Internal server error.

I looked into my error log and found the following:

[Sun Feb 29 08:29:39 2004] [error] [client 209.165.14.182] Premature end of script headers: /hsphere/local/home/rlee31/hugeco.jodoshared.com/mt/mt-check.cgi

I have .cgi and .pl set up to run scripts. I think I might have botched the cgi activation elsewhere. Any suggestions?

TAlso...thanks for your excellent customer service!

Hello,
The path to PERL is
/home/hsphere/shared/perl
Please change to this path and check for the folders.
Thanks

Back