Moving to jodo?

W

webman

Hi,

I have been hearing good things about jodo online. I have also been watching the recent move to the NAP and the recent DOS attack and how thing were handled. Seems you were really on top of these major occurences.

I am currently hosted at another hsphere host. I have about 200 or so accounts that would have to be moved if I go with jodohost. No small task.

I have read this would be a manual process in previous posts. Recreating accounts, resetting billing dates, recreating email accounts and ftping files, and nameserver changes are all something I could pretty much handle.

The real problem would be handling the moving of customer mysql databases, recreating DSNs etc. and customers using Site Studio. I "think" with Site Studio, I could move the files over so the customer's website would be live but that it would not work with Site Studio at jodo when customers want to do updates to their site once moved. Does this mean manually recreating all the pages of their website in Site Studio on your servers to give control to the customer?

Can accounts be moved without the customer having to do the move of the databases? Hspshere does not let me see the passwords etc Or is there a way you can help me move them while retaining the customer code etc?

The problem I have is that my customers recently went through a move and so this move has got to be as painless as possible or I can risk losing customers. I am willing to put in the work that I am able to do, but can jodo help in regards to the databases? If so, what kind of price are we talking about per account that I would need moved? I certainly will not need all 200 accounts. Just those using a database and site studio is all.

Also, is there a way to email a support request to jodo, or does the reseller have to use the hsphere ticket system to ask for support?

Thank you,

WebMan

This is what I suggest. You create the shell accounts of all your customers within your new reseller account. That includes email addresses, databases, etc. Set the password for all resources the same password the customer used when they first signed up.

To move the databases, create another db user at the old reseller account for each and every database. You can use that user to generate a database dump for mysql, pgsql or mssql databases. You can ask our support team to use the dumps to restore the databases you created in your jodo reseller account.

To move the files, at the old reseller account you change the ftp passwords to the password they first signed up with. Inform the customers about the change explaining them you need to shift files. You can then FTP files over to their new accounts in your jodo reseller account.

Next, you explain to your customers that you are moving to a new platform. You give them access to their new accounts and tell them everything has been shifted. Tell them they must ensure that all their sites are working properly (via the instant alias URLs). Many will have to update their database passwords in their new cp to get things to work. Ensure you have given your customers at least 4 to 6 weeks to verify and test things. Once you feel most of your customer base has complied, change the IPs of your old name servers to point to the new IPs assigned to you.

We do offer free assistance to resellers. But if you want us to perform the entire thing for you:
http://support.jodohost.com/showthread.php?t=5591

Back