Ms Sql Server

pbhost

Perch
My Sql Server Is Givng Timeout Again And Jodohost Refuses To Put It Back Online!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No mssql server is offline nor has it been:
http://jodopulse.com:8080/pubgrp?uid=6CB20798-874F-44E1-AA7A-48ADD6BAC62E

I know exaclty what domain you are speaking of, and have replied you regarding it before. In addition we have worked with you on it literally for 1+ year.
You are in your own app pool and exhaust all the odbc connections for the pool on your own. We have checked your site for many times, today is the first error seen by our staff, and it is only your site, login to MSSQL7 directly and you will see the server is running perfectly fine. there is zero issue with mssql7 at all. It is running at less than 7% cpu usage even.

In addition, I just checked your site, recycled the pool and all, still giving the error, no where can I find reference to how you are even getting to mssql7 server in your code in the quick look I gave. (there is not an issue with other sites on the server to mssql7, or mssql7 itself, that is for sure)

Ms Sql Server Timeouts

My Database Is Showing Timeouts For 30 Minutes Now And Nobody Helpd, Ive Opened Tickets , Went To Chat And People Igone It,

Jodohost Is Over For Me!

Re: Ms Sql Server Timeouts

i have replied to you two times, check your other post.

check your code. there is no server issue on either web or mssql server.

i have also replied to your tickets, monitored your site for 1+ week etc. Today is the first time I have seen the error, and it continues right now even after recycling the pool for you. I attempted to see the exact connection string you are using but am unable to find to even offer you tips. the only thing i have found is encoded, there is likely a problem in it somewhere or it is not closing Db connections.

Recycling your pool a few times, it finally cleared up, you have some code issue in here keeping db connections open. we had told you this in the past as well.

Thanks for the help, cause nobody else helped me!

Im looking for code issues, but I have dozens of pages and the site has thousands of hits... Im not so sure its a code issue, could be just too much people using the database simutaneously?

Im vps plan databases are vps too? or they are just like in resellers plans?

Thanks

there are many ways to use the VPS, you have have the site and mssql all on VPS you can have the MSSQL on shared, but the issue remains that it is not MSSQL at fault, and the only resolution was forcibly disconnecting all the open DB sessions the site had, its not a matter of too many at once, its more a matter of not closing after it is done.

Stephen

Im trying to create more indexes in my database, and checking for opened connections, but I really need you to help me gaian because the problem is happening again right now!

Please help me... I even went to a larger plan, I thought it might help.

I have set 1gb space to my database but in enterprise manager the size shows, it hsphere wrong, maybe something is limiting the db size?

SPACE AVAILABLE 0000
USED 127.19

BUT MY PLAN HAS MUCH MORE SPACE THAN THAT

It has notihng to do with the size of the DB, and the server has much space available. Hwever indexing may help long term.
I will recycle your pool and force the connections to close again. (actually someone has already done it)

I think it was Manish who solved it this time.

I really think that the space has something to do it, when I looked in properties in MS SQL SERVER today, there were "NO SPACE AVAILABLE" and now its showing only 16mb.

For my configurations in HSPHERE, there should be 300mb available at least, how can a database work properly if something is limiting its size?

Regards
Luciano

It has nothing to do with the SQL server itself, but the primary filegroup can sure get full. however the fix for the timeout issue is that we recycle the app pool, it means the sql connections to your DB are staying in place and not closing. You said you are indexing, it will help with loads on that large page, but it won't alone fix the connections issue.

You can increase the DB size if you think you need more for indexes etc.

Nasty problems to track down, especially if the problem is in code that's not called all that much.
Had a problem with a connection not being closed properly, and it managed to stall the involved website in a matter of seconds after starting. The MS SQL server for that website's database is an 8 core Xeon machine with 16 GB memory, so that wasn't the problem :D
At least when it's easy to reproduce, it's easy to track down. Unfortunately it required a worldwide "test" team to produce the neccessary traffic ;(

It has been happening more in the last few days with an increase in hits(it has the traffic levels to reach connection limits)

Before my first post in this thread I had loaded the page 400+ times with no error over the previous week. Both from TX and FL, as well as staff in India. The page is rather complex and returns a load of tables, it could be one minor bug in connections closing that causes the timeouts to happen when the pool hits its limit.

just a note of clarification, we are not even logging into mssql7 to fix the matter, just recycling the app pool to close the connections, and you are in a dedicated pool not sharing with others.

Stephen

The error happens not only in this page, there is dozens of pages using that database, and much more complex than that one.

If the problem is pool and not ms sql server itself, would a vps plan help? Also whats the connection timeout setting ?

But what really scared me was the sentence "it has the traffic levels to reach connection limits", what do you mean? Is there a limit to ms sql server connections? is a dedicated server the only solution for me?

Thanks for helping me to find a solution

Luciano

It has been happening more in the last few days with an increase in hits(it has the traffic levels to reach connection limits)

Before my first post in this thread I had loaded the page 400+ times with no error over the previous week. Both from TX and FL, as well as staff in India. The page is rather complex and returns a load of tables, it could be one minor bug in connections closing that causes the timeouts to happen when the pool hits its limit.

just a note of clarification, we are not even logging into mssql7 to fix the matter, just recycling the app pool to close the connections, and you are in a dedicated pool not sharing with others.

No, the solution is to find the "leak"

it may or may not be that page.
Even a dedicated server would be having these errors now, its not about the server its about the open connections.

No, the solution is to find the "leak"

it may or may not be that page.
Even a dedicated server would be having these errors now, its not about the server its about the open connections.

I have found already 3 pages that didnt close the connection properly, and I still have dozens to verify... I hope that will solve the problem..

Perfect :D

Progress is good, it sounds like you making some substantial progress there.

Hello Stephen

Today the site that uses that database is constant showing timeouts and then seconds later it comes back, then seconds later, timeout again.

The situation is unbearable, I would like to ask you to move my database from MSSQL7 to maybe a more recent or less loaded server.

Ive been hosting this site for one year and a half with jodohost, always in reseller plans because is a huge site, and I know I can count on your help.

Thanks in advance

Perfect :D

Progress is good, it sounds like you making some substantial progress there.

pbhost, mssql7 is not the issue. It is running at less than 10% load at all times, only short spikes above during a query, and they last less than 2 seconds each.

i will recycle your pool again and it will fix. there is zero issue on mssql, there is no need to move it, it wil not help, a dedicated server for sql would do the same thing with a 0% load.

Back