MSAccess and 'Not enough space on disk'

Hello,
I have trouble with a ms access database.

it says

Microsoft JET Database Engine error '80004005'
Not enough space on disk.

The error code is not the same in various situations but the message about disk space is always there. Support (and H-SPHERE) says there is enaugh space and that they are system administrators and that it is a programming error.
Needles to say I did not change the code in a while.
They also sent me a list of possible clues from MSDN, all of which refer to system configuration, except DSN, which I don't use (connection string is in the code)

"Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data Source=" & Application("pathvar") & "\dir\file.mdb"
I tried hardcoding (pathvar) it but it didn't help.

most of msdn clues refer to the fact that the database file is locked.
I tried restarting the application by saving global.asa, stopping and starting the web service in control panel etc., but it did not help.

Please help.

Nino
http://www.skretnica.com

Yash said:
all your pages are showing fine except your home page
I'm sure some of them use MS Access?

The error seems to be happening in the include file. What are you doing in the include file?

Yash said:
all your pages are showing fine except your home page
I'm sure some of them use MS Access?

They all use db for users. I deleted the cookie and now I can't acces any page because they all rely on db for user management.

I changed domain nameservers to *.jodoshared.com and now the site (www.skretnica.com) works from new w2003 servers. So it is obvious that it 'HAS ANYTHING TO DO WITH THE SERVER' after all!!!

I'm disappointed, the site was down for 2 weeks.

I too face the same unexplicable,irritating error. But i found that the folder where our db is residing has to be given permission on IWAM_USER,IWAM_USER...just check my site
www.codepal.co.nr
having same error in Forums section

You may find that it is a folder permissions problem.

When MS Access is in use, it creates a "lock file" to keep track of record locking. If it cannot create this file, you will get an error. So make sure your web folder has write permission.

Unfortunately, I gather some HSphere updates cause folder permissions to be reset. I've had a similar problem.

Back