MSSQL 12 is not responding - being rebuilt and moved to cloud

It seems to be a motherboard issue (Mobo blown capacitor). We are working on it

Ugh not good, booting up on new board all the video was corrupted, we did keep the same RAM, so the issue with capacitor may have taken it as well (they are important to power of the board), we are going to swap memory and see what happens. Otherwise we will pull off the drives and move this to the cloud servers virutal machine.

We switched the drives to totally different cpu, ram etc and got it up but having to reconfigure nics, drivers and such. There is also one windows error coming since the RAID wasn't seen, we are working to resolve.

We have found the issue in that it is showing an inaccessible boot device, trying to get resolved but taking some time!

FYI, we have all data safe and secured, this is a non issue, just a matter of getting windows booted.

Absolutely nothing is going right for me today it seems. I am not getting publicly into what I am skipping to be here working to get your SQL Databases back online, but I am giving up a lot. I am working only on this at priority one. I'm building a new virtual machine for this to go on, SQL has to install on it to the same SP level, and then we move the data. That is the stage we are on right now.

I will say, ETA is looking like 2 hours at best, 3 hours if slows down any, SQL install is not a speedy thing!

the Service PAck is syncing up now, and then we'll be able to move the live data in for startup.

This service pack is going quite slow in the install, watching it...is like watching water in a pot trying to boil.

Getting close to point of DBs being able to come online, SP in final stages, finally.

Back