MTA problems from horde!

snooper

Perch
i thought the MTA issues are only sending from Outlook etc. - but i see its happening in Horde too.
whats happening? X(

There was an error sending your message: unable to add recipient [[email protected]]: 553 sorry, that domain isn't allowed to be relayed thru this MTA (#5.7.1)

apparently my users are all getting this error.....

thanks for the reply, but as i indicated, the issue i am experiencing is in WEBMAIL on horde, not on my outlook.
AFAIK, there is no way to define authentication thru horde.
thanks

I'm getting it too when I try to use that IMP installation. When I use my own IMP on that same server, it works properly.
The strange thing is that I can't think of any settings I changed with regard to sending mail when I installed IMP..

Doh! Sorry. I was hurrying out the door this morning and just wanted to try and help with a quick reply. Sorry.

snooper said:
thanks for the reply, but as i indicated, the issue i am experiencing is in WEBMAIL on horde, not on my outlook.
AFAIK, there is no way to define authentication thru horde.
thanks

Yash said:
We'll be sorting this out as well as installing the other mail clients today

Yes please, we are experiencing the same problem

Regarding authentication in Horde, you can read here:

http://www.horde.org/faq/admin/config/index.php#c28

HordeFAQ said:
4.2.13 Can IMP be used with SMTP authentication?
[IMP 3.x]: Horde and IMP can support SMTP authentication, but only if the SMTP server take the same authentication credentials as the POP/IMAP server (which would generally be the case). Simply edit /horde/config/horde.php as per the comments in that file, e.g.

$conf['mailer']['params']['auth'] = true;

Yash said:

Isn't there any way to choose the webmail client from Control Panel? Currently, just Horde is available. The other are in different locations

CPanel has this feature, when somebody types:

http://www.customerdomain.com/webmail

They are presented with NeoMail, Horde and Squirrel (after authentication)

It's the same when one person clicks "Read WebMail" from Cpanel, the three options are available

Yash said:

Is there any progress on this? Is Squirrel installed? What about the SMTP errors in Horde?

Please, let us know

I hope this is worked out soon, I have someone that hasn't been able to use his email since win5 went down and before you say use a mail client on the desktop or some other suggestion, this person isn't very computer literate and needs webmail. Trust me, it's easier this way.

One of the features advertised was webmail and it shouldn't be considered an unimportant feature.

I think we have been very patient waiting for the webmail to work so please put more effort into getting this up and running please.

agreed - this is really a crucial service, and after just checking again now (9AM at GMT+3) - its still not working.
X(

Now with squirellmail and sqmail I hope horde stays available too.
It is by far the best webmail client around and if the MTA problem
is fixed it still seems to me the best webmail solution.

SePP said:
Now with squirellmail and sqmail I hope horde stays available too.
It is by far the best webmail client around and if the MTA problem
is fixed it still seems to me the best webmail solution.

I am able to reach Squirrel directly from:

http://64.156.223.231/webmail/src/login.php

However, using

http://mail.anycustomerdomain.xxx

Gives me a "cannot find server or DNS error"

Also I am still unable to send emails from Horde

I hope these issues can be solved today at most

I'm sorry for the delay. Handling th Win5 aftermath and a Kernel issue on Linux1 has been taking most of our time

SMTP authentication on Horde will be corrected around 12AM our time (~ 4 hours from now).

mail.domain.com is working fine and I can see both SqWebMail and Squirrelmail. all that needs to be done after this is Horde Options and including horde on the mail.domain.com page

Inka, you cant see mail.domain.com because your name servers are pointing to the old dns servers. Please update the same at the soonest.

Yash said:
mail.domain.com is working fine and I can see both SqWebMail and Squirrelmail. all that needs to be done after this is Horde Options and including horde on the mail.domain.com page

mail.domain works but only Squirrelmail will allow us to login. Sqwebmail is broken still.

I hope putting horde on this page won't take another week :|

Yash said:
Inka, you cant see mail.domain.com because your name servers are pointing to the old dns servers. Please update the same at the soonest.

Ok thanks for the info

As I told you, I was waiting until the Squirrel problem be solved so I can inform this to my customers. Please wait until tuesday (minimum) or wednesday before discontinuing the old name servers

Also, please let me know if you are going to change nameservers again, how many times and when will be the next change. I would rather that you be honest so that I can take my precautions. If the changes are inevitable I prefer to be prepared rather than be surprised

Thanks

Back