My CP is down

Inka

Perch
What is happening with the control panel? I receive a "cannot find server error"

Also, I requested that you grant dbo privileges to certain sql server 2000 user almost two hours ago and there is no answer up to now. I even didn't receive the confirmation email about the ticket submission

The control panel is working fine. Can you ping it?
There were few intermittent issues with it but they only lasted for 5 to 10 minutes

If you didn't receive confirmation for the ticket, we didn't receive it. Resubmit it

I'm experiencing the exact same issues Inka. I had my domain registrar (Hostway) update my nameservers 6 days ago and they are still pointing to the old IP's.

I'm a reseller btw.

WebDeveloper said:
I'm experiencing the exact same issues Inka. I had my domain registrar (Hostway) update my nameservers 6 days ago and they are still pointing to the old IP's.

I'm a reseller btw.

Thanks for the info

By the way, Is anybody else experiencing these issues?

WebDeveloper said:

I had this once.. for some reason the changes didn't go through to the root servers, I mailed them and they made sure the root server info was updated with their local database (dotearth.com)

Inka said:
Not yet, because the change is taking more time than I expected. But if this problem is related to the name servers change, why all the sites are online?

The problem is just with my CP and with http://mail.anycustomerdomain.com

We pulled down only the old CP/Mail/DNS1 server. The old DNS2 server is still active and your sites are being served by that..

You can use the mail server IP - 63.209.158.6 in the meantime to connect to your mail server and change the control panel URL back to the temporary URL.

Yash said:
We pulled down only the old CP/Mail/DNS1 server. The old DNS2 server is still active and your sites are being served by that..

Please do not pull down the other DNS until friday, or I'll be killed :(

Yash said:
You can use the mail server IP - 63.209.158.6 in the meantime to connect to your mail server and change the control panel URL back to the temporary URL.

Which temporary URL?

old DNS2 will be up for another 3 weeks

We decided to pull out this server first because it would cause the least damage to those resellers who haven't followed up on our announcement (regarding DNS changes). So those who haven't made the changes till now will understand why they need to and could avoid bringing their entire business offline when old DNS2 is pulled out

I updated my name servers today early in the morning, but up to now (11 pm) the CP is unreachable and the email too.

Do I have to do anything else?

I've the same problem, can't check mail with pop3 (webmail does
work) and can't get logged in to the cp.

Yash said:
The CP/Mail server is crashing occasionally.. we are working to put a permanent end to this issue

My CP was down for at least 2 days, my email down for at least 3 and STILL down... not occasionally, but consistently.

Seems I'm lucky for a change, no mail problems, and the control panel has only been down for short periods as mentioned in the Outages section.

WebDeveloper said:
My CP was down for at least 2 days, my email down for at least 3 and STILL down... not occasionally, but consistently.

What's your cp and mail server pinging to? It could be a propogation issue for you...

WebDeveloper said:

Maybe the problem is with the registrar? I updated the new name servers with my registrar and, after 24 hours, it's working ok

Back