MySQL xxx.xxx.xxx.24

Is there a problem on MYSQL xxx.xxx.xxx.24?

All of my databases are empty: no tables, no data, just blank databases.

Trouble ticket? The next ticket I buy - is to move our sites to another company if this problem isn't fixed tonight... I have been dealing with Yogesh... We've lost a lot of data and I've been dealing with this for 4 hours. 100 customers lost, now I'll have to deal with duplicates in the systems... Your guys did a backup and caused total data loss for us....

No. The database has not been restored from the 30th. The two records you're seeing dated the 30th - if you look closer -were actually from the brief period of time that the site was reactivated tonight! The next record in the database is on the 27th. We are missing data for the remainder of the 27th, 28th, 29th -- not to mention all the money lost from customers trying to order tonight.

You have not answered our questions or fixed the problem. We are wondering if someone, internally, accessed our site to examine it - and caused this huge problem for us. We have duplicate records of sales that come to us directly from authorize.net. Thank God for those records. However, the authorize.net records do not match what you are saying about the database having been restored.

Where are the backups that your company guarantees are done every day???

This site is very busy and needs to up 99.9% of the time. Your company obviously can't handle this requirement, as you are not even aware of the problem.

As per our telephonic conversation, the database looks OK after another restore. Also, as i have already clarified, none of our backup processes can delete a database, Otherwise we would have nothing to restore.

I will look into it further and let you know the results.

I believe you are discussing this over the phone with Tanmaya right now.

Let me make it very clear that we have a robust backup system in place. Your databases are backed up every 24 hours. You reported your data was missing, we restored your data from a copy 24 hours old. You are saying this copy has missing data, but the backup we have is an exact copy of your database at that time.

Please consider the possibility that your script or someone from your end accidently deleted some data from your database. No one from our side internally accessed your data or destroyed it. Our procedures are automated and our customers host many thousands of databases with us.

We do free restores for customers and many do use this facility if they have accidently damaged their database or files. But we are surely not liable if the data you have is damaged in the first place. We are doing whatever we can to help you. Yogesh has spent 4 hours with you on live chat, and now Tanmaya is working on this issue, spending even more time. So please do not say we aren't helping you

Yash, I have placed a trouble ticket requesting that your team determine the cause of this data desaster. I really don't care if the cause is one of your scripts, or a operator error; I just need to know that the cause is known, and that steps will be taken to ensure that this type of disaster will not happen again.

According to my database developers, it is very unlikely that one of my scripts could have dropped every table within completely unrelated databases. No script is aware of or can modify more than one database.

My client and I look forward to reading your team's analysis of events.

Absolutely no other database has had any other issue on that mysql server. Tanmaya spent hours looking into other possible databases with such a mysterious table drop that your's faced. Nothing has come up and it seems very unlikely its an error on our system's part.

It could be a possibility that some hacker was able to obtain your passwords and delete data, or was able to execute a SQL command using some vulnerability in your code to drop the tables. We'll see what we can find but I suggest you look at all possibilites from your end.

Has your data been restored to your satisifaction?

We have not yet discounted any cause, and my database developers are still brainstorming.

I hope that the MySQL database logs can provide additional useful information.

Back